v.

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗

Paola was used to the quiet of the group, the kind of quiet where she knew everyone was okay but daren't speak a word in case it disrupted anything. However, this wasn't that kind of quiet. She knew everyone wasn't okay, she could tell that Carl's mind was racing far too fast for him to handle, but as per usual, the group daren't disrupt the quiet.

Playing with the food in her bowl, which Maggie and already scolded her for, the girl sat between Carl and Glenn, her head resting on her hand while her feet tapped to a rhythm of a song she couldn't remember the name of now.

"Everybody okay?" Rick's thick accent broke the silence, coming behind them from a cell door.

Maggie nods, lifting up on her elbows, "yeah, we are."

"What about you?" Hershel asks. Rick's boots clunk against the floor as he walks to stand behind his son.

"I cleared out the boiler block." He reveals, a hand to rest on his hip.

Daryl brings his spoon to his mouth on the steps, despite being with group for as long as he had been, he'd always opted to eat away from them, "how many were there?"

"I don't know, a dozen, two dozen." He shrugs as if it were nothing because in his state of mind, it most likely was, "I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl."

The boy doesn't move as his father pats his back, in fact, he doesn't as much look at him. Under the table, Paola moved her hand to squeeze his tight and although he didn't squeeze back like she was hoping, he didn't brush her away, enjoying the comfort and letting her know that he still trusted her.

"Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies." Glenn offers, standing from his chair, "you don't have to."

"No, I do." He brushes Glenn off and makes his way to daryl, "everyone have a gun and a knife?"

Dixon nods, looking up at the man from his place on the stairs, "yeah. We're running low on ammo though."

"The three of us were planning to make a run this afternoon." Glenn explains, still stood up behind his girlfriend. "Found a phone book with some places we can for for some bullets and formula."

"We cleared out the generator room." Daryl then says, motioning to the prisoner next to him "Axel's there tying to fix it. In case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well."

Rick nods before walking away, "good. Good." Ignoring any plea Hershel calls out for him to stay, to at least meet his new daughter.

|

Before long, it was time to go. Paola sat in the back of the red car, Maggie and Glenn up front, the man's hand on her thigh as he drove. Although their chattering filled the car, it felt nice to be alone with them for a bit outside of the stuffy prison.

Paola reajusted the hat on her head before unbuckling her seat belt. Grabbing her backpack beside her, which was plastered in all the badges she could find on runs like this, Glenn opened the door for her, holding his hand out to help her out.

"clear outside." Maggie announces, jogging around to their side of the car, holstering her gun.

He nods, turning to the long row of stores "okay, let's take a look."