The Monster Under The Bed

*Billie's POV*

It worries me that Hayden had bruises all over. I never left bruises on her out of anger. Love bites? Sure. But I've never taken my anger out on another person, but Courtney does. To me, that makes her a shitty fucking person and I don't want Violet getting hurt should she snap when their alone.

Which is why I've practically had her glue to my side the past week. It's been nice being cuddled up with her and little man, in our own little world.

"Mama, do we get to see the pretty lights today?" Kai asks.

I give him a smile. "Yeah we do buddy."

He's referring to the concert tonight. For some reason he's mesmerized by the light show that goes on. If we're going to another city, he always has his nose presses to the window taking all of it in like a sponge. He's so smart for his age, and I love him with everything I have in me.

"Are you doing the spooky one?"

"Yes I am." I say tickling his sides making him erupt with laughter and wiggle around.

So much so, that his little butt falls off of the bed. "Shit!" I mutter under my breath. I peer over the edge of the bed and he's not there.

"Kai... where are you bud?"

All of a sudden his head pops out from under the bed. "Boo!" He shouts and then giggles.

"Jeez, you scared me kiddo. Actually, that gives me an idea. Do you wanna help mama work for a little bit?" I ask as I reach down to scoop him up.

"Yes!"

"Alright bud, go put a hoodie on and bring me your shoes. Vi, baby we're gonna head to Finn's room do you wanna come? I know you're working on a work thing right now." I pull on a hoodie before lightly running my hand up her thigh.

"Sure, let me finish this email and I'll be done for the day." She presses a few more keys and then closes her laptop.

Violet grabs my hoodie strings and pulls me towards her face. "Keep touching me like that and we won't make it to your brothers room." She whisper in my ear. I instinctively grip her thigh harder. I'm half tempted to change my plans and stay in for the night, but I have a show tonight and a brilliant idea for it.

Kai pads behind me and hands me his shoes. I sit down on the floor and plop him in my lap. "Do you remember which shoe goes on which foot?" I ask him.

"This part matches the shape of my foot!" He says pointing to the arch of his shoe.

"That's right buddy! Good job." He slides his shoes on his feet. "Do you remember how to tie them?"

He sways his feet side to side. "Um... no."

"That's okay." I slowly go over the steps and the poem that my mom used to help me when I was little.

Once I'm done he sways his feet side to side once more before hopping up. Violet holds out her hand to help me up, and I take it, pulling myself up. She pulls a little extra hard which in turn, makes me bump into her. She grabs my hips and steadies me, giving me a playful giggle.

"Sorry about that." Her arms snake around my waist.

"Don't be, I like being close to you." I brush my finger along her jawline, tipping her chin up slightly. I place a chaste kiss on her lips, and I swear it's like something in me changed.

I know she's my fiancé, but this is the first time it's setting in for me. She's mine. This is a lifetime commitment to her and Kai, and honestly, I wouldn't want to be with anyone else.

"What's that look for?" She asks, her eyes searching mine.

I wanted to tell her that I am head over heels in love with you. Thank you for choosing me, but I don't. Instead, I kiss her once more hoping that the gesture tells her more than my words could ever say.

"You ready to go? Does my kitten need a coat?" I ask her.

"Mhm."

I grab another one of my hoodies and give it to her. Damn, she really does look good in my clothes. Even more so without anything on at all.

"Alright little man, let's go." I scoop Kai up and put him on my shoulders. His drawn out 'whoa' tells me he's never done this before. I'll have to do more fun stuff with him just to keep seeing his amazement at the world.

We make our way to Finn's room and I give the door a hefty knock. Moments later the door opens and I see my brother in a state of mild panic.

"Dude, the way you knocked I thought you were the cops." He lets out a sigh of relief.

"I-... why would you think that? Have you done anything illegal?" I give him a playful nudge just to let him know I'm messing with him.

"Very funny. What's up?" He brushes off the comment.

"So little man here, scared the shit out of me earlier. I wanna do something a little different tonight. Maybe... wear those sclera lenses and come crawling out from underneath the bed. Thoughts?" I propose to him.

"Hmm, that could be interesting. Are you looking for more of a jump scare feel?"

"Yes!"

"What if we bolted down the bed so it's stable, had the camera pan down to the floor with complete darkness, I could essentially act as a spring to push you forward and you'd grab towards the camera before it goes black again." He suggests.

"This is why you're my brother."

"Billie... hhhh. You're lucky I love you dumbass." Finneas just punches the bridge of his nose.

"Love you too smartass."

a/n: y'all are getting fed this week. I know it's a short ch, I've been hella busy with work and the drama that goes on there. And no, I'm not involved in any of it, I just hear about all of it. 🙄

How are you bubbies? I've missed you all, and I lub you 💕