Tiny Trees

*Violet's POV*

"So how have you really been? None of that 'I'm fine' bullshit?" Drew jokes with me to lighten the mood.

"Not that great, but not horrible either... jeez, where do I even start. I went from college grad to new mom overnight and I've been struggling to let Billie in or even get remotely close because of how Carter was." I start, adjusting my position on the couch. I have a feeling this is going to end in a lecture.

"But she's not Carter. Not even a little bit of a resemblance. Those few days she came into town for tour when you skipped out on spring break, you both needed each other and neither of you said anything because you're both stubborn to the core." He says raising a brow at me.

"Mmmm but would you have me any other way?" I snip back.

"Nope. Anyways, continue." He gestures for me to keep going.

"She goes on tour in a couple weeks and she wants me and little man to come along. I've said yes." I pick at my nails thinking.

"You seem like you don't wanna go..." he says, picking up on my hesitation.

"No, I do want to, that's the thing. I just feel like we're going to be a burden on her though." I admit openly.

He chuckles a bit. "She wouldn't have invited you if she didn't want you to come. Besides, as much as you annoy me sometimes, and yes I know I annoy you too... you're never a burden. Not to me, and I know you're not a burden to her either. I can see the way she looks at you. She loves you with everything she has Violet, more than you even realize."

For some reason my heart beats a little quicker hearing my brothers little 'pep talk'. It's one thing to hear her say 'I love you', it's another when I see the little things she does, and for my brother to pick up on her mannerisms when I'm not looking... it's profound to hear things from his perspective. She's always been good to me.

Then it hits me, always.

I smile to myself realizing I've fallen a little more in love with her.

"So, how are you and Ri?" I ask, changing the subject.

He props his head on the palm of his hand as his arm braces against the couch. "We're good, really really good. He was sad that he couldn't make it, he loved meeting Billie when she was in town, he really wanted to meet you too."

"Maybe I can talk Billie into making a detour to come see y'all." I give Drew a smile.

"Of course we can kitten." I hear from behind me. The way that that nickname effortlessly flows out of her mouth has me, a blushing, speechless mess. Drew just raises his brow and gives me a knowing smirk.

I hear Billie open the fridge and small feet pad down the hall. "Bee can we has ice cream now?" Kai asks. I don't recall mentioning ice cream, so I clear my throat.

Billie purses her lips. "I may have told him he could have ice cream later... Finneas fed him dino nuggies and he refused to leave after that."

I burst out laughing. He really is my kid because my adult ass still orders nuggies sometimes too. I peel myself off of the couch and scoop Kai up. "How about we have dinner before we eat ice cream?" I attempt to coerce him.

"Can I has dino nuggies?" He asks playing with the small pendant around my neck.

"Baby, we don't have dino nuggies. We have regular nuggies though." I try to reason with him, fully knowing it won't work.

He shakes his head. "No."

I think for a moment. "How about we have regular nuggies but, we can have some broccoli and pretend they're tiny trees and we're the dinosaurs. How does that sound?"

His eyes light up at the sound of pretending to be dinos for dinner. "Baby trees!"

"I'll get started on the nugs and baby trees then." Billie says with a chuckle.

I'm finding myself wanting her close, not just in a sexual manner, but wanting her to be the one I tell everything to. I hadn't realized how much I was holding back from her until now. I need her to know that I'm at least trying, she's been so patient with me.

I tug lightly on Billie's shirt, garnering her attention. I cup her face with my free hand and give her a chaste but passionate kiss. She searches my eyes for a second and then gives me a genuine smile before getting back to making dinner.

"Mommy who's that." Kai whispers in my ear.

"That is your Uncle Drew, it's mommy's brother. He was at your second birthday party, and he's the one that got you your giraffe." I tell him.

"He got me raf?" He gasps and wriggles out of my grasp to go grab his stuffie before jumping on the couch to show Drew how his giraffe is 'growing up'.

I let the boys have their moment and bond over their love of giraffes and I wrap my arms around Billie's waist, pressing my front to her back. "How goes cooking?" I ask softly.

"Pretty decent, I haven't burned anything... yet." She holds her hands up as if that could stop it.

"Well that's a plus." I nuzzle my face into the crook of her neck.

"I can't wait for dessert though..." she mutters.

"I mean it's just ice cream but okay." I snicker.

"Mmmm, I wasn't talking about the ice cream kitten." There she goes with that nickname again, giving me butterflies in my stomach, as well as other places.

"Oh?"

"I was talking about you." She says lowly, her nails grazing up and down my arms that surround her. I can't help but let out an involuntary whimper at the statement. "I'm hoping to hear more of those sexy noises too."

Fuck.

Dinner needs to hurry up and be done and over with.

"Patience is a virtue kitten." She says, letting me know that I inadvertently said that out loud. "Be a good little submissive and behave, and I'll make sure to make it worth while."

I let out a frustrated sigh. "I have a feeling you aren't going to make it easy to get through dinner are you?"

"Not even a little bit."

a/n: IVE MISSED YOU BUBBIES!!! Work be crazy, but I actually enjoy it. I got some puppy love today from one of my favorite doggos!

Also, open invitation to ask me anything! You can ask me here, or if you're not comfortable that's what dm's are for! I love answering questions, I also enjoy asking them too.

So here's one for you guys, what's a weird habit you have?

I lub you bubbies 💕