Bruises

"Drew today is your day! What do YOU wanna do?" I say before taking a bite of French toast. "Also when did you get so good at making this?"

"I didn't." He nods towards Carter who's sipping on a cup of coffee talking to my dad. Suddenly I've lost my appetite.

I nudge my brother. "Come on, what do you wanna do today?"

Drew shoves another bite of French toast into his mouth which muffles his speech. "I kinda wanna take the jeep mudding but I want you to be safe."

"We can always tow the four wheeler to the woods and I can ride around while you mud." I reason with him.

"That's not a half bad idea."

"What's not a half bad idea?" Carter jumps into our conversation as he takes a seat next to me.

"Oh, talking about going mudding and V suggested we take the four wheeler along so she can ride around on the trails while you and I go mudding." Drew explains the plan of the day.

Carter's ponders it for a moment. "No."

"Excuse me?" I ask baffled he said no.

He leans in. "You are not doing anything reckless to hurt that baby, do I make myself perfectly clear?" He grits through his teeth as he grips my thigh hard, so much so that it hurts.

"Yes sir." I whisper loud enough for just him to hear. "I think Carter wouldn't mind going, I'm not feeling up to all the activity." I explain to my brother.

"Oh ok. Well let me know if you need anything on the way home." He says as he puts his dirty dish in the sink and heads to his room to change.

A little while later my boyfriend and brother leave and I'm essentially home alone because my dad has to work. I curl up on the couch and turn on the tv flipping through the channels, eventually landing on reruns of America's Next Top Model because I'm feeling like a basic white bitch.

I pull a blanket up and scroll through social media. The marketing project we finished up worked out well because I literally see Billie's face plastered all over everything. I can't get away from her, not even in my dreams. I am glad that she's doing well though.

After a few hours the boys come home completely covered in mud. They seem to be a couple of chatterboxes and then Carter spots me.

No.

No no.

I strip the blanket off of me and bolt for the kitchen with Carter hot on my heels. "No I don't wanna get muddy!"

He wraps his arms around me, lifting me in the air. "Gotcha!" He chuckles out coating me in mud.

"Ugh I feel gross."

He kisses my neck. "Come shower with me."

"I'll just take one after you." I reason with him.

"I wasn't asking." His hand grabs my ass hard nearly making me yelp in pain.

That's gonna bruise later. I do as I'm told and join him in a steaming hot shower. He carefully, gently washes my back and it feels nice I could get used to this. But I swear, his mood swings are giving me whiplash.

I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body. Carter kisses my cheek. "You know I love you, right?"

"I know."

"And you know I wouldn't do anything to purposefully hurt you or the baby." He continues.

"Mhmm." Part of me feels uneasy but I ignore it.

"Ok good." He kisses my cheek once more before heading to the bedroom to change.

I brush through my hair before heading to my room to finish getting ready. By the time I'm finished it's past 4 in the afternoon. I need to eat. I trudge downstairs to see Carter and Drew laughing, probably over something stupid.

"Hey Drew, what do you want for your birthday dinner?" I ask as I open the fridge to see what I have to work with.

"Oooo I'm thinking that linguini stuff you used to make with the garlic and the wine sauce." He says trying to used his hands to explain it.

I can't help but snort. "I know what you're talking about, can you grab the bottle of white wine from the pantry?" I ask as I gather the rest of what I need to cook Drew's birthday dinner.

I turn on some music to dance around to while I cook. I get the pasta going while I add garlic to the sauce pan, along with a splash of white wine. The tenderloin last night smelled awful, but this smells divine.

Carter leans up against the counter next to me. "Can I taste?"

"Sure." I get a little bit of sauce on the spoon, blowing on it to cool it before serving it to him.

"Mmm that's good." His hands grip my hips and he presses himself against me. "Does that mean I can have you for dessert?"

"Maybe." Honestly after last night, that's a hard no from me. I don't give a fuck how horny I am, I don't want a repeat of that. "Two minutes until dinner!" I call through the house.

"That was right in my fucking ear." Carter says sliding his hand under my shirt and tugging hard on my nipple.

Ya know, I like things rough but not like this. This isn't loving, it's out of anger. But my introverted ass just says a quick, "I'm sorry."

I hear the front door slam shut. "The house smells good, who's cooking?"

My brother mutters to my dad that I'm cooking and that dinner is almost done. Carter takes a seat at the dinner table. I plate up everything and set the table. "Dinners ready, come eat!"

Carter grabs my wrist. "Shout in my ear one more time and see what happens." He releases my wrist just as my family walks in.

I sit down and have a few bites but I'm just not all that hungry... but the boys are devouring the food. So it's quiet except for forks hitting the plates occasionally.

"This is- so good V." Drew says giving me a thumbs up.

"Good I'm glad you like it." I give him a smile.

"So if I may, I have a few things to say. I know today is your day my man, but I feel like this is the right moment." Cater says patting my brother on the back and kneeling in front of me. "Violet, I know I'm not perfect and I'm trying to be a better man for you. Would you do the honor of marrying me?" He asks as he presents a diamond ring.

No, I don't want to marry him. He's aggressive in all the wrongs ways and doesn't take my no for a no. He argues with me about my answers like I'm always wrong.

But he's protective of the baby, and he did pay for the plane tickets here. He actually wouldn't let me pay for my own ticket. I spend most nights at his house only stopping by my house to grab things here and there.

I want to say no.

My brother and my dad are smiling like they knew this was coming. With how Carter was acting, I thought he would have strangled me by now, or at least broken up with me.

"Yes."

The moment it leaves my lips I regret it. What if this isn't what I really want? What if I know he's wrong for me? What if I'm too late? What if I'm not strong enough?

a/n: double update. Also y'all can thank an anonymous reader for the dream sequence request from the last chapter, I forgot to mention that. So thank you for the request/idea, it's bomb.

I love you bubbies 💕