Chapter 3

"Myrtle!", he exclaimed.

"Hi Harry, long time no see..."

"Wow, you are..." he says, frowning through his foggy glasses.

"Half-naked? Yeah, I know. I wanted to look like the mermaid", I answered, shifting my gaze to the stained-glass window above.

"Nearly Naked Myrtle".

"I... I should probably let you get dressed...".

He turns away.

My silhouette leaps, as light as a feather, and joins him in the bath. I'm now facing his back, trying to imagine the natural scent of every single inch of his skin.

"I am". I declared, twisting a strand of my hair.

He turns around and rests his elbow on the marble. Surprisingly, he doesn't look all that shocked.

"I must admit that your birthday suit is your best outfit", he assures me.

Myrtle's cheeks turn warm and red.

"Myrtle, you told me to put it under the water, didn't you?".

I nod with a small smile. I want to show him the woman through this ghost.

And, glasses-to-glasses, I declare:

"Harry, you make me feel human again".

His blue eyes open wide. He's lost for words. Come on Harry, speak to me in Parseltongue.

"Grab the egg", I told him.

He's quite obedient, still staring at me with his big blue eyes.

"Go ahead, dive! "

His Adam's apple hides his deglutition.

Harry takes a deep breath and buries his head under the water.

My head dives. Then, my hand mimes unsealing the egg.

He does so.

Angelic vocals echo in the area.

Not another second should be wasted. Invaded by a surge of excitement, I can barely even describe what is happening to me. A feeling of adrenaline rushes over me. As if... I got electrified. My palms grasp his cheeks and my lips magnetise to his.

No more transparency. His skin doesn't go through mine. As if I were no longer a ghost.

Magic, beyond magic itself.