Chapter 18: New rivals

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Once Nerida closed the door behind her she sighed and walked slowly to Daphne. All of a sudden she felt a sudden pain in her head and stopped walking with her eyes wide open and sweat rolling down her face.

'N-no.... not now.... please...' Nerida thought as she gripped her head and fell on her knees.

"Nerida you alright?" Daphne asked as she stoped and turned around to see Nerida frozen in fear. It worried her so she quickly went up to her to see what was wrong with her.

"N! What's wrong?!" Hashirama asked and went by her side while the others looked at her with worry.

Nerida pushed them away and unsteadily backed away as glitching flashbacks suddenly rushed through her mind.

A battlefield with deceased soldiers lying around the dead grass some where on the verge of dying, groaning and begging for water.

"Iris please stay with me! I-i can heal you, please... not you too." But the nature guardian moved her glowing hands away from her wounds.

"D-on't Nerida, death i-s a part of the cycle of l-life. Plus even if you can heal m-e... i would already be dead..." Iris weakly said as blood escaped from her mouth and staining her clothes and nerida.

Nerida shook her head "No no no! Don't say that!" Nerida shouted. Large tears streamed down her face while sobbing for her friend.

"N-erida...take care.... of yours-elf and our friends.... t-thank.... y-you...."

Thump.

Iris's hand hit the ground and her head tilted to the side, her eyes were lifeless and she stood still.

Nerida shook her slowly at first then faster crying and sobbing saying 'Don't leave me too!' The young princess clutched the dead body in her arms sobbing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm sorry...."

"IRISSSS!" Nerida shouted as her voice started to echo in the darkness.

"Nerida! Nerida!" Daphne shook her as Nerida screamed Iris's name while panting. Sweat and tears starred to roll down her face.

Nerida whiped her head side to side and looked around to see she was in the hallway with daphne and the ghosts.

"Nerida, you alright?" Daphne asked as she helped her friend stand up, who was still panting with small beads of sweat rolling down her face.

"I... i'm fine... I just need some time alone." Nerida gently pushed daphne away ignoring her soft calls telling her to come back. The ghosts followed her and kept asking if she was alright.

Nerida ignored them and walked past them. While Nerida was walking she looked around the sights that surrounded her. Children were laughing and playing games, men and women chatting with each other.

Then she closed her eyes and watched the horrifying flashback, her blood, her dying wish, her last smile and the others that died and went to the same place they all went.

Nerida opened her eyes again. It was like she was reborn for a new start, a new life, a new beginning, and new friends. Everywhere she went was peaceful. There was no war. It was an era of peace.

And she didn't deserve it.

She was supposed to be dead a long time ago, be in the place where her parents are right now.