Chapter 1 - Present Day

"Wow. Leo's is having a sale on bread, lunchmeat, chips, and juice." My father looked at me sideways. "Well, whaddya waitin' for?" He handed me the money. "Don't forge Natalie. I gave her some money so she can buy her own chips." I throw on a orange tank, black shorts, and my Jordans. Apperentley, Nat has been ready for 30 minutes. She has my dads features. Straight dark brown hair, big moss green eyes, a bright smile,and a beauty mark by her right eye. Those last two are my moms traits. I have most of my moms looks and personality.

"Okay! We're going! Then we're out the door. Already drunk by 5, I thought. At least he went to sleep yesterday. *DingDong* Someone texted me. I unlock my phone to see who it is. It's my boyfriend, Reed. A chill ges down my spine. 'Where were you yesterday?'

I text back, 'Nat was sick. Had to take care of her.' He said that he could give 2 f**ks about Nat's health. He said 4 and he meant it. I had better leave him alone for a while. He'll forget, just give him time.

My boyfriend can be a bit abusive. I'm lying. He is abusive. I still have a bruise on my back from our last altercation. Don't get me wrong, i've left some battlescars on him. But the more i fight back, the worse it'll be. I've known that for most of our relationship. We've been on and off for about 2 years now. I don't know why I say yes when he comes crawling back. Maybe it's the sex. I don't know. He's pretty sweet when he wants to be. He's gorgeous. But so am I. my caramel skin goes great with my green and brown hazel almond shaped eyes. My wavy chocolate hair goes up to my waist and waves in all of the right places. And come on, I can't deny my model-like body, C-cup breasts, and well-shaped, thick BOOTY , I think as I walk into the store. The sweet smell of fresh bread hits my nose. I can feel the cool air all over me, giving me goosebumps, almost making me wish it was mid-Augst and nor the beginning of July.. As I'm walking, I almost trip on Hazel. She's the owners dog, but the way she acts she might as well be mine. I play with her for a while, say hi to a couple of people, and get the bread, lunchmeat, and chips. While I'm in the juice section, Nat decides to do a sudden jerk and the cart practically runs over a funny looking guy with a baseball hat and ... half torn off beard? I quickly run to where the man, Natalie, and the cart was. I ask the man if he needed any help. The man responded very witty-like in a very familiar voice"I thought I was your Superman." Aw Crap.