Chapter 18: Everybody Business

Start from the beginning

"how do you feel about that?"

"i feel like she genuinely feels bad, she even said she understands why i wouldn't want to be around her at the moment, i also feel like she's gonna try everything in her power to try and gain my trust back. i appreciate it, but that's gonna take a really long time, and i told her that too."

"so when are you gonna go back to see her?"

"i don't know. i know i'm gonna miss her, cause that's the love of my life, you know? but this is something you can't just forgive and go back to normal from."

"i feel you, i feel you. you know, you can stay with me, imma be lonely by myself anyway."

we both laughed.

"sounds like a good idea, i need someone to make me feel good after all of this."

"i love you, don't let this bring you down."

"i love you too." we hugged and then turned on some music.

"we should go live." Megan said.

"give me your phone." she gave it to me and i went on instagram.

i took a picture real quick, saved it to her phone, then went live.

"hey y'all." i said.

"what's up, hotties?" Megan said.

"how are y'all? what are y'all doing?"

Megan looked over my shoulder to read some comments.

"y/n/n, they said why are you here? don't you got a studio to be at?"

"actually, i've been there lately, it ain't illegal for me to take a day off, is it?"

a couple minutes went by and we were talking with our fans then Meg saw a comment and read it out loud.

"why is everyone talking about Kehlani's ig story? what's going on? what did she post, y'all?"

"let me check." i went on instagram and clicked her story. a whole lot of words.

"i love you more than anything in the world. i'll keep apologizing until you accept my apologies. nothing can be worse than us being apart. i miss you, please come back to me."

me and Megan both looked at each other in panic knowing what was about to happen.

"if y'all must know, me and Kehlani are not together right now. there's some things we've gone through that made it clear that we need some time away from each other, but it's still love for her."

"damn, y'all nosey, what she said in that one song? 'keeping to yourself really ain't a sin, but you can't let her live' or whatever she said."

"we're gonna go now, it was nice talking to y'all, maybe we'll come back on tomorrow."

"yeah, we'll see y'all some other time, we got things to discuss at the moment. bye, y'all!"

"bye, you guys." me and her waved then i quickly ended the live.

me and Megan looked at each other and took deep breaths.

"the next couple of days are about to be crazy." she said.

"i know, this is why i can't stand media. all they do is take something and run with it. like, of course cheating 'rumors' are gonna come about, but anything else like, 'Artists Kehlani and Y/N have seemed to split up and be getting a divorce' is too much. it's never that serious."

"been there before, for different reasons of course. i just know people are gonna take sides and try to make both of y'all seem like the bad guys, i just know it, and it's sad because that's really how these people are."

"i know, it's sad."

"pass me the 1800."

Lani's POV

my phone has been blowing up for the past hour with messages, headlines, pictures, asking to be interviewed and everything.

it's everybody's business now. and it's all because of me.

chapter 19 coming soon🍯.

what did i say, y'all?

i'm being consistent again, are you proud?

i would hope so.

these last two chapters gon be so confusing, but trust me, you won't wanna miss them.

how has y'all's day been? to my people on the west coast, good morning.

i'm finna make some noodles fr.

bye y'all, be well🤍