Chapter 18: Everybody Business

Start from the beginning

"i wonder where he would stay, cause i know he don't got his own place, and i know he don't like staying in hotels for that long."

"bitch, you might be into something. this is too much for me right now. let's talk about you."

"right. okay so, earlier, me, Destin, Bri, Lani, and Deya went to brunch. me and Lani were the last ones to get there cause she wanna pull some corny shit."

"of course she'd do some shit like that."

"anyway, we get there and you know who's sitting at the table?"

"who?"

"Dez."

"unt uhh. what was she doing?"

"being all weird. she kept calling Lani 'baby which was so weird, because why are you calling her that knowing i'm right there?"

"i wanna fight that bitch."

"so her and Lani go to the bathroom right?"

"oh hell nah."

"and a long time passes, so i go see what happens and when i open the door..."

"don't tell me it is what i think it is."

"they were kissing."

"oh fuck no, where my phone at?" she looked around, saw it, then picked it up.

"what are you doing?"

"what do you think?" i heard her facetiming someone, i didn't know who it was until i heard a voice.

"hey Meg."

"don't 'hey Meg' me, bitch. the fuck is wrong with you?"

"what are you talking about?"

"you think it's okay to kiss other bitches while you're married to the realest bitch ever?"

"i..."

"you nothing. you're fucking weird for that. i can't believe you would do some shit like this."

"look, we already talked this shit out, calm down."

"don't tell me to calm down, i'll go down there and beat your ass."

"Megan, calm down." i said.

"fine. Kehlani Parrish, just know i know where you live, what you do, where you work, and who you love, don't try it."

"heard you."

"wait, are y'all good?" she asked me.

"nope, but she know what's up."

"alright then. Kehlani."

"yes?"

"listen to me."

"i am."

"do some crazy shit like that again and i will beat you the fuck up. don't do my bitch like that ever again."

"i promise not to. i really do."

"you better." she hung up and plopped her phone on the table.

"so, you talking about it? how did it go?"

"she told me that she felt like she couldn't come to me and talk, so she went to someone else instead. but my whole thing is, we promised to reassure each other whenever. i always ask her things, she gives me reassurance, when she asked me things, i gave her reassurance. i don't know why she couldn't do it then."

"what else?"

"she kept telling me that she was sorry and that she'll do anything to gain my trust back. before i came here, she was like 'are you going to a hotel? i'll pay for it.' 'if you need anything, tell me. i'll bring it to you.' 'i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry.' all that, you know?"