Chapter 13: FREE FROM DESPAIR

Start from the beginning

Fuyuhiko: "Fuck this, I'm going back to my bed." The others silently watched Fuyuhiko return to his bed, grumbling as he threw his covers over himself. He stared at the ceiling as he laid there, unable to fall back asleep as he wanted.

===========Meanwhile===========

Izuru: 'I am your thoughts... you are my voice.'

Nagito: "Aha... ah! Ahahahaha! How exciting!"

Hajime was currently restraining Nagito with the same rope that had previously bound him, the Ultimate Lucky Student was laughing hysterically as his clothes soaked up the spilt water on the floor beneath him. He had returned with a bowl of the liquid as promised and was immediately ambushed by his own prisoner. He was now tied up himself, lying flat on his stomach.

Izuru: "Someone like you is so predictable, you really are boring." Hajime's monotone voice brought Nagito to silence. Grunting, he turned his head just enough so that he could see Hajime out of the corner of his eye. His appearance was now very condescending, looking down on him as he presses his right foot onto his lower back.

Nagito: "What was that? Say that again!" His voice carried a great amount of excitement in it this time, he thrashed about on the floor, causing Hajime to step back. Like he was in a hurry, Nagito sat himself up, eyes widen as he waited to hear it again.

Izuru: "There's no reason for me to repeat myself." He seemed equally satisfied hearing those words. He giggled and bounced in place, eyes rapidly looking up and down Hajime's body.

Nagito: "Is that really you? You said we wouldn't meet again!"

Izuru: "I'm surprised to say I was wrong." The very first time Nagito saw Izuru was when he and Chiaki went underground and found a secret room, there was a statue of the academy's founder located on the school grounds, and there was a secret passageway leading underground. The second time was when he and Izuru were on a boat heading to Jabberwock Island for the first time, back when everybody were Remnants of Despair.

Nagito: "I can't believe it! Ahaha, this whole time, it was you!"

Izuru: "Now, are you willing to listen?"

Nagito: "Of course, of course! Anything you have to say, I'm listening!"

===========Timeskip===========

Sonia: "You are going to hurt yourself! Akane!" Sonia shouted as she watched her friend charge at the metal door, driving her fist into its surface. The gymnast repeatedly slammed her knuckles onto the metal doors, breathing heavily while she kept a constant pace.

Fuyuhiko: "Hey, how well do you think the door hinges are attached?" Fuyuhiko poked Kazuichi with his elbow, they both flinched as they continued watching Akane try to beat the door down.

Kazuichi: "Can't be that good by now." He answered, wincing as he saw Akane stop and clutch her left wrist. Her hand was shaking as it hung down, sprained after the constant assault on the metal doors. However, she only grits her teeth as she opted to start kicking the door instead.

Fuyuhiko: "Come help me out..." He said hesitantly, slowly walking towards his struggling friend. Kazuichi followed after letting out a loud sigh, knowing full well that the door has a better chance to being broken down if everyone joined in.

The two boys assisted Akane with the beating of the double doors, one kicking, the others throwing their entire bodies at it, even Sonia joined in, letting her feet fall on the door as well. The three of them had decided to help their friend in her painful effort, something that wasn't lost on Akane. She smiled as she took a few reassuring breaths and went back at it with full force.

===========Meanwhile===========

Nagito: "What was your title?" Nagito felt like a child being told a story. As he heard the details behind what he was told was called the Hope Cultivation Plan, he was ecstatic. To think that Hajime Hinata wasn't the worthless, talentless person he had thought he was, it really held his attention well. "Well, Izuru?"

Izuru: "Hajime." those words were his own. Nagito only shrugged, not caring about what name he would rather be called. "Do you agree upon what we discussed earlier?"

Nagito: "Yes!"

Izuru: "How can I believe you?"

Nagito: "Because I believe you! When you say that helping the others overcome their despair will inspire great hope, I believe that, and I want to see it!"

Izuru: 'There. As predictable as I thought. Hopefully, the others will be more interesting.'

Nagito: "Now will you tell me? Since you ARE an Ultimate, I need to know your title."

The voice of Izuru had ceased guiding him in speaking, this situation had been resolved and he was no longer needed. All that was needed to sway Nagito was a clear mind and a silver tongue, not that he was lying about what he said though. Dealing with the others would bring about hope, and that was all he needed to convince him, telling him about Izuru Kamukura was the lock that sealed the deal.

Hajime: "The title they gave me..." Nagito shook his head up and down, silently waiting. "The title they gave me was... Ultimate Hope." Nagito seemed shocked when he heard Hajime's response, It was hard to tell what he was thinking. He looked disappointed in some way, maybe even a bit jealous. And then... he smiled.

Nagito: "If it means anything, I'm sorry about the whole 'trying to kill you' thing."