Master of Lake Town

Ariana's POV

We reached Bard's house safely. Though we smell like fish and the others had to enter the house through the toilet. I was to big to fit that way. So he had me where a hooded cloak and pretend to be his oldest daughter. Once we were all inside I introduced myself to his children. Bain, Tilda and Sigrid.

The dwarves are wrapped in blankets, and their wet things have been laid in front of the fire to dry. Some of them shiver. Sucks to be them. I wrapped Bilbo in the cloak I'd been wearing to help keep him warm. "It may not be the best fit, but it'll keep you warm" Bard tells them.

"Thank you very much" Bilbo tells them. As Tilda handed out warm drinks to all of us. Thorin looks out a window and sees a wooden tower not far away. I wonder what's the that has him so entranced.

"A Dwarvish Wind-Lance" he mutters.

"You look like you've seen a ghost" Bilbo states. I nod my head in agreement. As I accept a warm drink from Tilda.

"Thank you dear" I say.

"He has. The last time we saw such a weapon, a city was on fire. It was the day the dragon came" Balin tells us. Thorin looks sadly away. "The day that Smaug destroyed Dale. Girion, the Lord of the city, rallied his bowman to fire upon the beast. But a dragon's hide is tough, tougher than the strongest armor. Only a black arrow, fired from a wind-lance, could have pierced the dragon's hide, and few of those arrows were ever made. His store was running low when Girion made his last stand" he explains.

"Had the aim of Men been true that day, much would have been different" Thorin states. True, the dwarves would of still had their home. Bilbo and I would of never left the Shire. I wouldn't of meet Thranduil.

"You speak as if you were there" Bard says.

"All dwarves know the tale" Thorin states.

"Then you would know that Girion hit the dragon. He loosened a scale under the left wing. One more shot and he would have killed the beast" Baid tells us.

"Ha ha ha! That's a fairy story, lad. Nothing more" Dwalin tells him with a laugh.

"You took our money. Where are the weapons?" Thorin asks Bard. Who tells him to wait and left the room. He soon returns with a wrapped package. He lays the package on the table as the dwarves stand around it. He loosens the wrappings and reveals a couple of hand-made weapons. The dwarves pick up the weapons and look at them in disgust. "What is this?" he asks Bard unimpressed.

"Pike-hook. Made from an old harpoon" Bard explains.

"And this?" Kili asks pointing at another hand made weapon.

"A crowbill, we call it, fashioned from a smithy's hammer. It's heavy in hand, I grant, but in defense of your life, these will serve you better than none" Bard states. Thorin and Dwalin look disgustedly at each other.

"We paid you for weapons. Iron-forged swords and axes" Gloin tells him.

"It's a joke" Bofur adds.

"Guys, it's not that bad" I tell them.

"At least you have actual weapons" Kili tells me.

"You won't find better outside the city armory. All iron-forged weapons are held there under lock and key" Bard tells us. Thorin and Dwalin look at each other out of the corners of their eyes, hatching a plan.

"Why not take what's been offered and go? I've made do with less; so have you. I say we leave now" Balin states.

"I agree" I add.

"You're not going anywhere" Bard tells us.

"What did you say!?" Dwalin demands.

"There's spies watching this house and probably every dock and wharf in the town. You must wait till nightfall" Bard states.

"Sounds reasonable" I tell the others. Hearing this, the dwarfs begin to settle down. Bard then leaves, telling his son to make sure we don't leave. But that doesn't stop us. We left and headed for the army. I stand outside with a few of the others keeping guard. While the others broke into the armory to steal weapons.

(Time skip)

So we were caught and taken to the Master of Lake Town. After an argument between Bard and Thorin. The Master welcomed us and throw us a party. Saying he'd give us everything we'd need for our journey tomorrow and we'd leave at dawn for the mountain. "So lass, where did you disappear to when we were in Mirkwood?" Gloin asks as we sit at a table.

"No where in particular" I tell him.

"We know you were hurt and they healed you. But why weren't you placed in the dungeon with us?" he asks me curious.

"The king wanted to see me" I state shrugging. "He thought I could convince Thorin to agree to his deal" I add. That's partially true.

"Interesting" he says.

"So do you have a family?" I ask him changing the subject.

"I have a wife and son" he tells me smiling. He hands me a locket with two photos inside. "My wife Helen and son Gimli.

"I always wondered if dwarf women had facial hair" I tell him

"I always wondered if dwarf women had facial hair" I tell him. He chuckles closing the locket.

"Gimli wanted to come with us. But I made him stay to look after his mother while I am gone" he tells me. "Alfrid is looking at you" he tells.

"Argh, the leech hasn't given me a moments peace all night" I grumble.

"Can't blame him lass, he's only a man and you're beautiful & single" Gloin tells me.

"I told him, I was taken just to get him off of my back" I tell him.

"Smart" he states. "I'll let the others know, but don't worry you won't be left alone tonight. Just encase" he tells me.

"Thanks Gloin, I appreciate it" I tell him. The rest of the night was pretty dale. We were given two rooms to sleep in. Half of us in one and the other half in the other. Not knowing that Bofur was still drinking. I lay in between Bilbo and Dwalin feeling safe from the men of Lake Town for the night. I fell asleep not long after we had all settled down.

A/N

Picture above of the Master of Lake Town with his assistant Alfrid and picture on the external link of Bard's three children. Picture in chapter of Helen and young Gimli.