O N E

O N E

. . . .

(ahren/nick/fihn)

Nick: Why does Wilma hate you so much?

Ahren: I don't know. She just plain hates me. She's a mad person. She gets by with hate and revulsion. A dark cloud storms above her everywhere she goes. She never grins without judgment in her eyes.

Fihn: Uh-huh. So you're treating her like she's Satan?

Ahren: Exactly.

Nick: She seems like a neutral person. It's probably because you don't share many classes and clubs with her that's why you don't see her really smile. I just saw her smile at Rod in Foreign Language awhile ago. And she smiled at Lennie when she recited Edgar Allan Poe yesterday at Poetry. She's pretty nice to everyone, everyone except you.

Fihn: Nick's got a point here. We had a pop quiz in History sometime before and I left my pens in Mom's desk that time. She was generous enough to let me borrow her pen and she was left with using a blunt #3 pencil the whole period.

Nick: So she's good and not very Satanic like how you see her.

Ahren: Bah! I don't care. I'm sure she's got a secret diabolical plan to undermine the whole world with her wickedness and cruelty that she averts from other people with false smiles and false laughter.

Nick: That's kind of absurd, man.

Fihn: It's radical. Are you really believing in your story here?

Ahren: You guys wanna know the truth? Well, I'll just say it. Wilma's jealous of me because I'm better than her at anything and everything.

(ahren)

"Oh, shit! She's right behind you," Nick exclaims right in front of me.

"Wha- shit!"

A split second after I turn my head to look behind me, I feel an object that is most likely a hardbound book hit me right in the face. I retreat to looking at the ground with a pained expression and a blurry vision. She hit me directly between my forehead and nose and thank God my nose isn't bleeding.

"Agh! Ow!"

I look at Wilma and she stares blankly at me with a poker face. We stay silent for a moment while I imagine shooting a bullet or ten between her eyes while she's probably laughing her ass off in her mind right now. I can hear Nick and Fihn awkwardly whispering to each other with words I can't fathom behind their hands.

I just hope they realize that what I said was true and they should go get a cross drenched in holy water right now.

After I finished shooting her in the head three hundred and fifty-six times, Wilma fits her book between her arm and begins to walk away but not before she proves again to me that she is definitely Satan herself.

"It looks like you're better than me at being a little bitch as well."

. . . .

First chapter is done and I realize that I was supposed to do something more important today. Yipee. ←(sarcastic if you haven't realized)

- K A T H