C H A R A C T E R I N T R O D U C T I O N

C H A R A C T E R  I N T R O D U C T I O N

.  .  .  .

"The fact that you're better— fine. I admit it! You're better than me at anything and everything. My parents can try to compare me all they want to you but I'll never be like you. You're smart. I'm just average. And you don't even try. And it hurts. And I look like a whiny bitch right now. I'm sorry. It just hurts...because I try so hard and so much but no one even realizes." 

Ahren and Wilma
          He didn't care about what he got. She cared a lot about what she couldn't get. He always made his family proud. She always based her worth on her grades. That may have contributed to why they hate each other.

"Ugh. Shut up, bastard! I never even liked wearing caps. I hated them but my dad loved them because he fucking wanted a son! This childish joke started because of you, asshole! And God, I wasn't in the mood for a fight right now or ever again! I really...just...I just wanted to be alone and calm even just for a day."

Fihn and René
          He was the kid who loved calling her out for looking like a boy. She was the kid who loved calling him a fat bastard. Everyday was and is a riot. He's still a bastard. She never was a pervert. No wonder they hate each other.

"He told me to stop because I was hurting our mother, but I couldn't. My fists were flying in the air and onto his face and body. He was all bruised and bloody but he was still moving around, trying to fight back. I think that's how I saw him. But maybe I'm wrong. My mother was crying in the corner with her face that looked so much like my brother hidden in her hair. She couldn't blame me for being the way I was anyway. Who in that group of people could?"

Daniel and Nick
          He was remote and antisocial. He loved a good laugh and was good at producing laughs as well. He grew up differently. He rejected the family he had now. They might as well hate each other for something.

"My mom divorced my dad when I was eight. He drank more than six bottles of liquor a day and spent less of those days at home. It came to the point where he came home drunk and his mind wasn't right. He pushed my mom hard against the kitchen wall and threw our ceramic plates around. I came in to get a glass of water and one accidentally hit me on the arm. There was so much blood dripping from it that I barely remember my dad rushing to me and saying sorry while my mom called 911."

Gill and Lennie
         He was home schooled. She liked the library. He hit her with a dictionary. They were at each other's contrary. He hated how much she loved rhyming words.

•  •  •  •
Heyyyy. Here's the product of the start of summer. Hopefully, I can take it. With a lot of time in hand, the only enemy I have now is [insert Spongebob meme here] "procrastination". I would be an A+ if that were a subject.

- K A T H