ོ10

"The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise."
― Maya Angelou

Justine Skye |

I was sitting at one of the tables of the sports bar , every once in a while looking over at the wall clock .

"Nervous?" August asked , I looked over at him , letting out a deep breath.

"Yeah , kinda.." I stated before I heard the bell of the door ring, making me turn around .

Rena and Nick walked in , making me smile wide and get up, going over to them.

"Hey guys!" I said giving Rena and Nick a hug before letting go .

"Hey girl! Know we had to come for your first official performance . Do we get buffalo wings discounts? Shit I'm hungry," Nick exclaimed , I laughed .

"I don't know Nick."

"Well I'm bout to go and see , if I see one hair in my food swear to god this place gonna be going up like it's Tuesday, okaaay," he said walking off with a slight snap of his fingers .

Me and Rena laughed as we turned back to each other.

"So what's going on with you and August?"

"Umm nothing." I smiled . She sly smirked and nodded before looking back behind me .

I turned around to August staring at us .

"Yeah sure okay." She stated as I turned back around to her .

I playfully rolled my eyes.
"You wanna grab something to drink before I go on?" I asked . She nodded , just as we heard a shriek and saw Nick come back up with his wings .

"These thangs look so good. Girl why you didn't tell me Mr.Alsina was gonna be here? Think I can get him as a side?" I playfully shook my head .

"Nick , they date!" Rena blurted. Nick raised his eyebrows before leaning back with his hand on his chest like the meme making me burst into laughter.

"Aaand I did not know? Nuh uh , imma beat yo ass come on!" He said putting his wings down, acting like he was putting his hair in a ponytail and takin off his imaginary hoops.

I was crying from laughter as he started pawing the air In front of me.

"Nick..stop..please." I stated as I clutched my stomach .

He laughed too as Rena ordered us some drinks .

"What you want?" Rena asked .

"She wants a watea'." I heard August say behind me. Nick started fanning himself and playfully fainted but August caught him.

"You aight homie?"

"Jesus Christ must be playing tricks on me ." Nick whispered.
August furrowed his eyebrows as me and Rena held our laugh.

"Here yo go!" Rena said handing me a water. I stale faced August as he smiled .

I was able to take a sip before I heard them announce me about to perform .

I almost choked as the nervousness went through my body.

"Well.." August said , taking my cup from me . " time for you to get up there.."

"Okay." I stated with a deep breath .

"Good luck boo." Rena stated as I walked through the tables with a smile .

I stepped up on the stage as the musicians got in their positions , warming up .

"Hey everyone!" I said shyly as I heard Nick shout .

"Well..I'm gonna be providing you all's entertainment the best I can."

"Kill it." I heard August yell , they're so extra .

"Well the song imma sing is called No Sleep and I hope you guys like it." I stated as they cheered a bit.

I adjusted the mic as I lowly counted down like I practiced as I looked out.

I saw a girl maybe my age or older walk in, looking at me with a smile before taking a sit bout 2 seats down from August .

I brushed it off as I started the first .

"Living on the edge....."

| August Alsina

I watched as Justine sung her heart out. You could tell she was getting into it considering she had took the mic off the stand and was singing in front of it with gestures .

I smiled to myself as I was happy I was able to experience and help her out with her success .

I knew sooner than later , she was gonna blow up. I just hope she was prepared .

My thoughts got cut off as everyone started clapping and cheering as she finished .

She smiled widely , I could see her blushing from here .

"Thank you! Thank you all! Have a goodnight!" She stated before thanking her band and coming off the stage .

I stood up with a slight smirk , giving her a hug.
We broke it as i handed her a dozen of roses and a box of chocolate and she had that same wide smile plastered on her face.

"What a rush, thank you ." She stated making me laugh .

"Yeaah you did great ma, as I figured you would." I stated . I saw kristi walk up , making me remember .

"Oh yeah.. Justine this is Kristi.. Remba' I said I was gonna getcha vocal coach, I decided with her. Ha' vocal skills are amazing." I added.

She nodded as she looked at her giving her a handshake .

"Nice to meet you!"

"You too. Watching your performance don't look like you need much coaching, makes my job easier." Kristi laughed making Justine chuckle.

"I told you." I teased making Justine smirk.

"Thank you!" She said to kristi."you too August. Thank you." She added before her friends took her and bombarded her with compliments and she held into the gifts I got her .

"She's so gorgeous. I gotta go but I'll see y'all tomorrow ." Kristi stated , I nodded.

"Fa'sho, aight." I said as she started walking out.

Justine , Rena and ..uh Nick ? Got some drinks and food from the bar . I saw Justine had a soda but it's okay. She did great on her performance so she deserves it .

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket making me get it.

"Hella?"

"Yes Mr.alsina?"

"Yes."

"We have been informed that you have some sort of relationship with you're student Mrs.Justine Skye? Due to policies , rules and regulations we're gonna have to let you go . "

"Wait wha--"

"Please retrieve your stuff immediately from school grounds."

____________________