~~~

"Life is but a passing scenery. Once it ends, another begins anew,"

Rhythm looks at his childhood friend who has suddenly become fussy and demands him to buy a book and a pen to write down that sentence because she can't do it herself. Although very reluctant, Rhythm still writes down that sentence as Flos supervises him.

"What do you want this written for?" Rhythm grumbles in dissatisfaction, "It's not like you can read,"

"Although I can't read, I can remember," Flos retorts, taking the book away from Rhythm to show the escort Knight, "Did he write it as I said?"

"Yes," the Knight nods his head honestly after reading the sentence on the book

"What, do you plan to become a poet now?" Rhythm sarcastically asks his childhood friend

"No," Flos responds seriously, "I just want to remind myself of this; that even if this life ends, another life will begin anew,"

"Do you believe in this?" hearing a novelty, the escort Knight unconsciously voices his question

"Well," Flos smiles as she closes the book, "I do,"

"What even is the use of believing that?" Rhythm shakes his head, thinking that the escort Knight might need treatment after gotten brainwashed by Flos, "Instead of thinking about gibberish like this, it's better for us to order dinner and go to bed earlier," and so he calls for a waiter to order their dinners

Another rest after a day's journey. The time for them to reach the Capital is about to arrive.

"In that case, I will excuse myself 1st," the escort Knight returns to his room after ordering his dinner to be brought to his room

Still sitting on a table in the restaurant of the inn, Flos looks at the Knight's back then turns to ask Rhythm, "Have you seen his face?"

"Whose? Sir Knight's?" Rhythm answers in a matter of fact tone, also ordering a meal on Flos's behalf when the girl gets distracted from ordering. Sending off the waiter, Rhythm continues, "Of course I have. Since the 1st night of our travel, in fact," guessing why Flos is asking this, Rhythm becomes surprised, "You have not seen his face? Not even a glimpse??"

"If I have, I wouldn't have asked you about it," Flos gives her childhood friend a sigh for asking the most obvious question

"Well," Rhythm is not happy with Flos right now, "If you plan to ask me what he looks like, too bad, I am not telling you. Find out about it yourself!"

"I didn't say I am interested in his face..." Flos refutes, only to be interrupted by Rhythm, "If you are not curious, you wouldn't have brought up this topic at all," which causes Flos to roll her eyes at him for the interruption

After a scoff, Rhythm rolls his eyes, "You like to contradict yourself, don't you, Flos?"

Does she? She doesn't think so, "In your imagination, maybe,"

"It's no use denying it," Rhythm shakes his head, already knowing the result of the experiment even though it's not been done yet, "If you don't believe me, then pay more attention to it. As you get to know more people in the Capital, 1 or 2 people who will get to know you will tell you that; and then I will also tell you: I told you so,"

Seeing how smug Rhythm is, Flos feels the necessity to inform the guy, "Not everyone is as tactless as you," to insult someone right in their face

"Anyway," Rhythm waves his hand, not taking Flos's remark to heart, "You will surely hear something similar to what I said from someone else," Rhythm is pretty certain of that

Flos accepts Rhythm's prediction pretty well, "If they ever mention that to me, it means you and them may get along well,"

"Yeah, you are right," Rhythm accepts the dinners sent by the waiter and distributes the meals between them. After the waiter leaves their table, Rhythm picks up the spoon and says before eating, "Though I wonder what kind of people they are,"

They are getting too ahead of themselves. It is too soon to be curious about the imaginary people they might meet and befriend in the Capital. After all, it's okay with Rhythm, but Flos doesn't think she has the personality that can easily befriend people; especially being close enough for them to talk frankly with her.

In the Capital... Honestly speaking, Flos doesn't think there are interesting people in that place. All that big place has are the snobbish aristocrats, the tired civil servants, overworked guards, plus the group of ignorant future ministers.

The Capital doesn't sound appealing when put that way, does it?

...Meeting Her Majesty the Queen before her passing should be interesting at least.