Chapter 8: Choose Me

Start from the beginning

Can she give it all up? After all, she's been through, just because she was blinded by love she wanted to forgive and forget? 

She could forget them, but she couldn't forgive what her brother did to them. For all these years, she pretended to be happy. She covered up her bruises with a smile on her face, she would laugh whenever she feels pain. She made herself numb enough to not worry about her true emotions. She kept it aside, she kept all of it. 

The pain she kept all these years slowly opened up in her heart. As if an ocean of pain drowned her until her throat dried from screaming. But she didn't stop as she scream silently. The pain she went through was harsh — harsh enough for her to be like this. 

She couldn't understand anymore. She doesn't know what to do anymore. She asked herself, who is she? What is she doing? There was no answer and she cried. Oh, how she longed for love, yet in the end, she could still not have it. 

The morning arrives and Sierra, laying on the floor woke up at the sun kissing her cheeks. She forgot to close her window that night, maybe Pantalone didn't lock it up. Or so she thought. Last night when Sierra fell asleep after her cry, Pantalone visited her through the window. 

He could use the door but Sierra is in the back of the door. When he entered, it pains him to see Sierra laying on the floor after her cry. He wanted to move her in the bed but he couldn't move an inch in his spot.

He knelt down, looking at Sierra. He could not understand why she's head over heels for someone she just met for once. He asked, 'are they secretly meeting each other so I won't know?' 

Trembling, Pantalone tried to reach her out but he can't. As if the gods are telling her to not touch her. Trembling, Pantalone pictured Sierra's smile in his head. He wanted to see it again, her laughter and smiles. Her innocent look sometimes annoys him. Those look made him fall for her. 

"Why are you so in love with that man? What about me?" He muttered while he's in a daze looking at Sierra's face.

He finally reached her and gently caressed her face, "why... why it can't be me?" A tear fell down from his face. He can't believe it to himself. He — a greedy, evil fatui man crying over a woman. He can just have her anytime but he didn't. 

He can have her anytime he wanted but he didn't, because he was afraid that the fragile-looking Sierra would break. On the battlefield, she's stronger than any of us, but when she is out of the battlefield, a fragile-looking Sierra is all he can see. 

Teasing him, annoying him, playing games with him. Sparring with him. Spending her days off to him. Those days were wonderful because he thought, he might've had a chance that maybe he can have her without force. 

He let go of Sierra's face and stood up fist clenching as he walked out of her room. The curtains fluttered in the air and the moonlight hug the sleeping Sierra.