Crushed

„Riles, I can't believe it's been a year since we last went to NYU. It was such a cool birthday", Maya remembered as her and Riley got ready for the party. Maya was wearing a black long sleeve off the shoulder bodycon dress, red lipstick and she straightened her hair.

„Wow, Maya, you look hot!" Riley exclaimed as she turned around from her closet to find Maya standing infront of the Mirror. „I mean you don't look like 17! This should not be legal, oh boy."

Maya laughed „Relax, everyone knows my age, especially your silly uncle Boing. I just want to torture him a little bit while he has to wait for me."

„You are a bad girl, Maya, you know that" Riley stated with a laugh.

„I know and I like it." She smirked at her friend. After a little silence she went on, „Riley?"

„Yes peaches?"

„I'm so in love with Josh", she admitted. „I could never go back from this point on. I have fallen so deeply for him and we are not even together yet nor have we been on a date! Am I pathetic?"

Riley smiled understanding where Maya was coming from „Maya, of course you are not pathetic! I think this is normal because you know what? This is how you feel when you found someone you truly love! It doesn't matter if you went on a date yet or kissed or whatever, I felt the same way for Lucas. I actually knew from the beginning. It's a very unique feeling and we are very privileged to experience that. Also I mean at this point, Josh has shown you in many ways how crazy he already is about you so obviously you guys are super into each other. I can't wait til you finally turn 18 seriously." Riley said while rolling her eyes in amusement

Maya chuckled at the last part of what Riley had said but then grew serious „Hmm, you're right, I just hope it will stay this way and I wont get hurt. It's silly, I finally trust him completely and now I am scared that something might happen."

„I know, thats what trusting someone means. You become vulnerable to that person and there is always a chance you might get hurt but if you wouldn't trust someone you love, than I don't know if you would be able to love at all."

Maya just nodded in agreement and then went on to talk about the memories she and Josh made over the last year.
————————

„Hey Marvin", Amber called from behind as she came up to him.

„Yo, whats up? Why did you want to meet me, cute little red head?" he smirked

„So I got a favor to ask of you, can you help me?"

„Well that depends, sweetie, whats in it for me?"

„Something you have been dreaming of for a while I guess, I'll pay you a visit at your dorm and we'll have a little private party" she smirked at him while placing her index finger on his chest, softly going up and down.

Marvin loved this deal already and answered with a grin on his face „alright, I'm in, what can I do for you?"

„I just want you to do one thing. Later at Josh's birthday, I want you to just pass him a drink that I will have passed to you before. And then you give him another one after that okay?"

„That's it? You just want me to pass him a drink? Whats in that drink that makes it so special? And why don't you wanna give it to him yourself?" he asked as he was playing with the ends of her hair with his fingers

„Too many questions that don't concern you, handsome. It's a special drink for him. You just keep your part of the deal and I will keep mine, okay?" she flirtatiously said

„Okay, babe whatever you want."
———————————————————-

The party was held in an apartment of some of Josh's basketball friends. They had much more space since there were a lot of people showing up. It kind of got a little out of control since everyone seemed to have invited everyone from Freshman to Senior. Lucas, Riley, Maya, Farkle, Smackle and Zay arrived as the party was on full display. Maya was a bit nervous as this was the first time they actually went to a real college party like that. She scanned the room for Josh and only felt butterflies as she eyed him. Josh looked over and met her eyes as he was talking to a friend and his face just lit up a hundred times more. His jaw dropped a little as he realized how stunning Maya looked. „I'll be right back" he just said to his friend and walked over to the gang but really walking straight towards Maya.
„Josh, happy birthday" she smiled as Josh stood infront of her speechless for a second.