Chapter 40 - Pacification

Beginne am Anfang

He could not let it take over, else his battle instincts would kill Ethan.

He bit his lip under the effort of pushing his own blood lust back. And that hesitation was all the crazed Lycan needed.

Ethan swiveled and jumped at him.

Jan brought up his arm at the last moment, sacrificing it to save his neck. The wolf's maw clamped on it, and his momentum bowled them both over. The vampire's talons curled out, but surprisingly Ethan let go once he drew blood.

The white-bellied wolf stood over him, simultaneously snarling at his face and licking Jan's injured arm. It was as if he could not decide whether to be angry at him or worry over him.

Jan stayed still, surprised by Ethan's reaction and how much this little fight had drawn from his failing body.

The wolf snapped threateningly at his neck, growling barely an inch from the soft pale skin. But when nausea rolled through Jan, and he collapsed entirely to the ground, Ethan's cries changed to soft whimpering. And he nuzzled Jan's chin, licking the exposed flesh.

Ethan's blazing inferno dimmed like someone had switched off the light. The rage and aggressive aura radiating out of him disappeared, and the waves of his tendrils reduced to soft swirls.

How Ethan could go from murderous hostilities to stressed concern in the blink of an eye amazed Jan. The Lycan shifted above him, tasting more of his skin and that alluring smell wafted over the vampire.

Rather than be wary of a wolf so close to him, Jan was enthralled.

Ethan was magnificent. Tall, waist-high, all sinewy muscles and bones covered by lush, thick fleecy pelt. He was big enough to ride like a horse. The warm gray fur beckoned for Jan to indulge, and he raised an arm to brush it. But Ethan growled at the movement, and the vampire paused.

Jan waited, keeping his hand up.

The wolf sniffed his fingers, licked his palm then moved closer to lick his face.

Jan closed his eyes, letting the rough but warm tongue lavish his skin with attention. His body responded on instinct. As Ethan shifted downwards, the vampire tilted his head to the side, unintentionally exposing his neck and inviting Ethan to explore further. The wolf complied, lapping at Jan's sensitive skin.

Jan shivered in pleasure. Having such dangerously sharp teeth so close to his throat while the tongue warmed up his skin was both exhilarating and petrifying. Ironically, this unsettling combination of feelings fried his reasoning and sent a jolt right to his groin.

"Hmmm," he moaned.

He touched Ethan, rubbing his fingers along the luxurious fur on his back. Then, leaning up, he buried his nose in the wolf's side, breathing deeply. Jan loved that wonderful mix of sweet notes and sweaty male scent that was just Ethan. He wanted to rub in it all night!

Oh, Gaia! How can I enjoy frolicking with a werewolf? Shake it off, Andrea!

"Ethan... ah." He faltered, shivering as Ethan's tongue flicked over his collarbone.

The vampire's pants had grown tight, and he shifted, trying to find some room in them. Then he cleared his throat.

"Ethan, we need to talk," he said more forcefully.

The wolf buried his snout in Jan's neck and stood still. Just as Jan began wondering what was happening, the muscles under Ethan's fur shifted. Then, a deep pop sounded, and a crack near his thigh.

Ethan was changing back to human form. Right on top of him!

The impudence of a wolf!

Jan watched in disbelief as the fur receded and disappeared, replaced by smooth muscle ridges.