Dream

Joe POV

The next morning in the shower, all I can think about is you in that black dress and what it would be like to watch you slowly removing it from your incredible body.

"I need you, Joe" your voice whispers in my mind as I begin stroking myself.

What would it be like to have you in here with me in the mornings? To have it be your hand touching me right now with a firm grasp.

I can already picture the beads of warm water running down your bare chest and your body trembling with anticipation before we make love.

"Make me yours" are all the words I need to imagine coming from your lips to tip me over the edge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peyton POV

"Don't forget I have to leave earlier today" I remind Laura.

"What for again?"

"I need to meet Robert in the park by four, then we're heading over to his place".

"How is that sexy beefcake these days? I haven't seen him in forever".

Laura really needs to get laid, but not nearly as much as I do. Joe had me all hot and bothered even though we hadn't done anything yet.

"He's good. Has that douchebag Martin made any effort to apologise to you yet?"

"No" she sighs.

Of course a man like that will probably have her apologising to him by the time he's done sulking.

"Don't be mad at me, okay?"

"For what?"

I felt bad for not telling her what happened in his office.

"When I took the book he was being a dick so I kind of blackmailed him".

"With what, Peyton?" she asks worriedly.

"With the fact that I saw you and him together in here that one time".

"What the fuck? No wonder he still isn't talking to me!"

"No, no, no. I told him you didn't know I'd seen anything and that I wouldn't tell as long as he agreed to fund the repairs".

"So you did this for your boyfriend?"

"Joe isn't my boyfriend we're just dating, and might I add that it was you that set us up".

"Not so you could go and stab me in the back like this. You know how much he means to me".

"Oh please" I laugh.

How can she still not see what a fucking jerk he is? He treats her like his side piece even though he's single and unmarried.

"What's so funny? I love him".

"Go on then".

"Go on what?"

"Tell me what it is you love about him, or better yet, tell me what it is you think he loves about you?"

"He's...he..."

"That's exactly what I thought. Trust me, Laura, I've met men like him before. They don't want to settle down, they only want what's between a woman's legs".

"You're wrong about him".

One day she'll see exactly what I'm talking about and by then she will have realised what a wasted of time it was chasing after the wrong person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe POV

Where are you going, Peyton? I've never known you leave work this early before, yet here you are walking alone towards the park after stopping for two coffees.

I don't want to be this guy anymore, the one I was when I was with Beck and Candace. The one that feels the need to check up on you, but you're hiding something.

Following you at a distance as you make your way through the crowded park, I hide behind the tree line when you stop and take a seat on a bench, checking the time on your watch.

Who could you possibly be meeting out here that required you to leave work early? Maybe I should text you and find out?

Hi Peyton. If I didn't say it last night then I will say it now, you looked beautiful x

I can see you pulling out your phone and smiling when you read my text when your thumbs begin touching the screen to reply.

You looked rather handsome yourself Mr Goldberg. I do love a man in a suit x

It's time to test your honesty.

So about that third date? I could pick you up from work today and take you for a drink? x

Sorry I can't. I'm meeting up with my old roommates for dinner soon. How about Friday? x

Well you didn't lie by insinuating you were still at work, and I suppose it's perfectly reasonable to believe that you could meet an old friend here.

Friday sounds great x

What was I thinking? Of course you're not betraying what we have, and I need to quit judging you by the standards my exes have set for you.

"Hey, beautiful!" a man calls out to you from a distance.

Please tell me this is stereotypical catcalling and you'll ignore him so he goes away?

"Hey, gorgeous" you say back.

No, no, no. Why would you say that? Tell him to go away and leave you alone.

"You'd better get over here and give me some sugar, baby".

Why are you smiling and running into his arms? This isn't happening.

"I swear your muscles are growing bigger muscles" you joke while caressing his bicep.

"You know it. Are you hungry?"

"Starving. I've been saving myself for this all day".

As I watch you walk away into the distance, I can't help but feel disappointed. I know our relationship wasn't official yet, but I'm hurt, Peyton.