Highlands

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

"Can you all be honest with me?"

A gripping tension filled the room. His sharp eyes pierced into their bones so that no one dared to look at the owner of the voice.

No, not all of them. There was one person who just sighed tiredly. His hyung could be stupid sometimes.

"I ask you again, who told Rena sunbae about my birth name? WHO ??"

"IT'S YOU, HYUNG!"

Chan, who had been trialing his members for a long time, was startled by Changbin's yell. He ruffled his hair roughly, frustrated by this situation.

"Me ?? How could I-"

"Next time, you better close the door when you take Y/n into your room hyung."

"Wait- is she-"

"I'm not sure, but seeing this situation, it all makes sense. I saw Rena noona walking past me when I was about to go to your room. Her face looked gloomy, I don't know."

Changbin's answer made Chan immediately run out of the blue striped room, leaving the members to heave a sigh of relief after facing their hyung who was being hit by emotions.

His destination was only one, the receptionist.

"Excuse me, I want to ask you something. About two weeks ago, did Rena sunbae come to the agency? The CEO asked me to check it out."

He didn't care about lying, if there was an appendage of "CEO", of course no one dared. The receptionist immediately checked the access data from the tap card and called security to confirm it from CCTV.

"Yes, she came here, but only for a while."

Chan closed his eyes, confirming what Changbin said. Really, he hated having to deal with situations like this. A situation where he had to make the right choice, a situation where he had to sacrifice one of them.

Chan, why did you have to choose?

Were you unsure of what you currently have?

"Hyung,"

Chan opened his eyes, looking at the man who had just called out to him. He shook his head with a sad smile, as if telling the man, Changbin, that what he saw was a fact.

Changbin sighed softly, then patted Chan's shoulder to encourage him.

"Solve your problems first, then choose wisely."

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

"Where are we going, Chris?"

"It's a secret," Chan said with a wink. You rolled your eyes, made him laugh loudly and kissed your hand that he had been holding.

After arriving at the apartment, for some reason Chan asked you to go out again. Many times you asked him about the destination, but he kept saying 'secret'.

You gave up and chose to pay attention to the road. The day began to darken with the sun already orange, disappearing from the line of the earth and bidding you farewell. The light slowly disappeared, replaced with lamps that began to light the way. Everything was beautiful, because the light still showed the path you were on.

Over time, you became aware of the changes around you. Buildings were rarely seen, but were replaced with pine trees along the road. Chan seemed to be taking you to the highlands.