CHAPTER TWELVE

Beginne am Anfang

The blonde shrugged as they turned the corner, "Yeah, I can see that."

His head whipped at the sound of rock music playing over his calming track. He got up from his crossed legged position and turned it off. He doesn't need the music to meditate. But then, the music began to play again. So he decided to just unplug the whole radio.

       The girls continued to walk around the large building Caroline calls home. As she saw her father's awards hanging up on all of the walls, she couldn't help but feel like she was lied to her whole life. It's not like her dad was expected to tell his children everything from his past, especially if he regrets it, but, she is questioning everything now.

From behind him, he heard the water from the shower pour out, "Carrie? Lee?" He walked into his bathroom, careful to avoid his eyes in fear of one of his daughters being in there as he knocked on the glass shower door. When no one answered, he went in and just simply turned it off.

       The pair separated as Lee went into her sisters room and Julie found her way to the bathroom. Lee searched everywhere, even under the bed. They walked out of the rooms they checked and met in the middle of the hallway.

       "All clear. You?" Julie questioned and motioned towards her friend for an answer.

       Lee shook her head and jabbed her thumb in the direction of Carrie's room, "Nothing in there." The two sighed and turned to walk once more. They really need to get these ghosts out of here before they do anything stupid.

But squeaking was heard due to someone writing on the bathroom mirror. He walked out and saw 'Hello Bobby' written in the condensation. He ran into the door out of fear, but when he tried to pull it, it wouldn't budge. Something — or someone — was holding it closed.

He had enough and shouted, "Let... me... out!"

And that's what Alex did. He let go of the door and joined his friends in laughing at their ex-band mate being terrified. Trevor ran away and all Luke could do was grin and put his hands out for high-fives from his friends.

       The girls heard Lee's father's screams and followed the sound. They were on their way to his room when he sprinted past them — not noticing either girl — as he mumbled to himself about being haunted.

They decided to let him be and check if the ghosts were still near Trevor's room. When they weren't in the hallway, the pair padded their way into the man's room to investigate. They found nothing to report and left, still on the look out for three ghosts.

"Carrie, I'm gonna see my therapist. Let your sister know, okay? Okay." He ignored Nick's presence as he speed walked to the backyard and got in his helicopter with the pilot. He had to get out of the house. Now.

The ghosts poofed outside as they watched him fly away. "Quick! Let's moon him before he gets too far away," Reggie oddly suggested.

"He can't see us," Alex reminded but Luke continued to unbuckle his belt, "Oh, it's not for him, bro. It's for us." The three bent down and waved their butts in the air, laughing.

Julie and Lee were slowly walking down the stairs as Flynn talked Carrie's ears off, while Liam and Nick just chilled, talking about sports and, bro-dude stuff. They spotted the boys outside and practically played charades with their friends by pointing where they were going next.

Flynn jumped from her seat and sat in between Carrie and Nick to show them a picture of a raccoon in her backyard. Her friends rolled their eyes having seen that photo too many times. The animal was in her front yard one random day and she decided to take a picture instead of doing — literally — anything else.

"So, did you guys have fun in there?" Julie asked as Lee crossed her arms and watched as all three boys came up and pulled their pants back on.

"Okay, you'd do the exact same thing if he stole all your songs." Luke defended.

"But you have new songs," Lee argued. "With us. I mean, Luke, we wrote how many just this weekend?" She was hurt. It seemed like he had forgotten all about her and only cared about getting revenge on her father. She hated the feeling he made her feel.

The boys sighed and Julie agreed, "The best way to get back at Trevor is for this band to do great. And to do great, we have to play at dances, then clubs."

Luke stepped forward and continued, "And tours. I know."

Him and Lee held eye contact as she practically begged, "We'll see you guys at the school. Jules said we go on at nine. Please... don't be late."

"There's gonna be a lot of people there. Nick's gonna be there!" Julie remembered.

"We got it, all right? Don't worry," Alex assured with a small smile that made the girls believe him.

Both girls nodded shortly before sighing and walking back inside to their friends. They let the boys do whatever they wanted as long as they came to the dance on time. Right now, Lee still has to rehearse before they perform.

Down <Luke Patterson>

(🎤) T TIME!

       Do you wear sunglasses indoors? 👉

       I think I put them on my face inside before walking outside...

><><><