The Only One Who Knows

"heya grillbs." The fire monster turned, smiling. "Sans... and Papyrus! Well if you're in my 'grease trap' of a restaurant, then something must be up." Papyrus flinched. "I NEVER MEANT ANY DISRESPECT, GRILLBY, YOU'RE FOOD MERELY DOES NOT MEET MY CULINARY STANDARDS." Grillby quirked a firey brow, clearly amused. "No? It did when you were a child, you insisted on learning my spaghetti recipe-"
"GRILLBY, COULD WE TALK IN THE BACK? PLEASE?" Papyrus groaned, not wanting to have this conversation. Sans was enjoying a ketchup, already slipping quietly into the back. He would never forget what Grillby had done for them, he'd always consider the fire monster a part of his pack. His family. Papyrus and Grillby followed the wolf skeleton. "What is wrong? Papyrus is here and your tense, Sans." He looked between the boys. "the creator is back." Sans replied, making Grillby frown. He could see how that was a problem. "WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, SANS IS CONVINCED DR. GASTER WILL WEAPONIZE US, AND IS MESSING WITH HIM." Papyrus rubbed at his foreskull as if a headache were starting. "Messing with you're creator how?" Grillby asked, already deadpanning. "nothing bad.. just sending him off to find nothing."

☢☢☢

Grillby groaned. "Sans why?"
"i don't trust him! i could be doing alot worse things you know!" Sans defended himself. Compared to what he's done to Frisk, to the other souls, yeah, this was nothing. "I know, I know.. it isn't the worst, and I do understand your distrust towards your creator, but he may have learned his lesson.. where has he been all these years?"
"STUCK OUTSIDE TIME AND SPACE." Grillby flinched. He didn't entirely understand it, but it sounded bad. "so.. you're taking papyrus' side?" Sans asked. "BROTHER, I'M NOT AGAINST YOU, IT'S A VALID POINT THOUGH."
"And I'm not choosing sides, I can see both your sides. Airing on the side of caution is a smart move. If it's my advice you've come for, continue to keep quiet, though if you could stop messing with him, that'd be great."
"i'll think about it."
"As for this Dr. Gaster, I'd like to meet with him myself. Figure out his intentions." Both boys nodded. Though Papyrus looked distracted. Sans knew why. "hey, why don't we head back to the lab and get some of those toys for home?" Papyrus perked. "Toys?" Grillby asked. "we went back to the lab, pap wants some of the toys we had back. i'd have to agree."
"I'll close down and come with."

☢☢☢

1-S pushed onward, nipping it's brother to keep going. Both were exhausted, but neither felt safe. There was plenty of water in the lush place they were now, but no sources of food and limited spots to shelter without being spotted. 2-P groaned, falling dramatically to it's stomach. It was done. It was to tired to continue moving. Dragons were meant to fly, not walk. 1-S looked around, it's spines rising from a 20° angle to a full 90° angle. It wasn't safe and it's companion wasn't making it easy. It huffed, grabbing gently at it's companion's vertebrae between it's ribs. It wasn't easy, 2-P was starting to grow faster than 1-S, it was already half of 1-S' height. 1-S was about 5'3" now. It continued on, with 2-P now clinging to it's ribcage, 2-P's legs and tail dragging in the grass and dirt. When it got colder, not that either felt it, 2-P let go, curiosity leading it's actions. It pawed at the fluffy powder. 1-S watched, enjoying their first sight of snow. It probably would have joined if it wasn't exhausted.

☢☢☢

They took to the snowy forest of the territory. Hunger drove 1-S to search for food, they were starving, 2-P was it's main concern. While 2-P seemed distracted from it's hunger for now, it wouldn't be long before it trilled for food again. The silver bins provided the sustenance they needed. They didn't care about the structure next to the bins, they were to hungry to care. They were to hungry to care about how much noise they made. They did care when the door flew open, a sudden light making them flee into the forest. Not to far though, they didn't want to leave their food. The creature seemed to be made of the light. It was a light neither had seen before, they didn't trust it. It disappeared back inside. When they decided to brave getting nearer, they found that it left yet more food. This was their first time meeting Grillby.