Chapter 19 : DIANA

"Hey, who's that woman?" Kat nudged the bride slightly. A lady in a purple laced sleeveless dress walked in with the kind old man and woman. She looked not a day above fifty, if Diana's guess was any good, and taller than either of the couple. Her face spoke of charm while her gait displayed sophistication that only came with a lifetime of fortune. Protruding honey irises, side-swept chestnut hair with blonde highlights could have never suited anyone better.

"Like hell I know." Diana muttered under her breath. She could not recognise either of them the first time at the house. Kat wore a bottle green slit gown that bordered her every curve perfectly, embroidered in a gorgeous shade of silver and gold . They paired it with sequined jewellery and an overall nude makeup, keeping the entire focus on the outfit. It was one of those times when she was actually glad of the clothes someone else chose for her. If anyone believed in Mother Nature, Kat could turn it into a faith today. Ash was draped in a pastel pink, covered in fluffy fabric at the edges. She had floral designed accessories on her. However the one which caught attention was the face, especially her eyes. The beautiful glittery eyeshadow and the rosy cheeks presented a glow her friend never saw before. Ash could make people commit multiple felonies for just a second of her attention today.

"Good morning, my dear...Oh, my." Tristan's grandmother stopped in front of them with the woman beside, her jaw wide-open. She locked her eyes on the bride without a word or a movement. Thirty seconds passed. A minute. Diana clutched both of her friends' hands firmly to get over the new anxiety. Why is she studying me like a lab report? As it is my heels have started to hurt. Wait, did I get a shoe bite? Damn, these pumps.

She shook her head finally, before saying "You look, just.....An angel. I still can't believe you're going to be a part of this family. Lina, didn't I say she was pretty?"

"Thank you, Mrs. Parker."

"Honey, not Mrs. Parker anymore. Call me Ma or any other variation of it you're comfortable with."

"Okay." Diana smiled sheepishly.

The middle-aged woman shot a questioning glance that soon replaced with a smile. "Yeah, she is. You know, I'm still in shock that how Tim kept all of it hidden from us."

Diana's gaze shifted between the two women awkwardly. Lina, as the woman was called, immediately noticed it and tapped her forehead. "See, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Paulina, Tristan's aunt. Or you can say his godmother. I hope he told you about me."

Wait, does he not have parents too? Is it the same as me? She saw all eyes on her, expecting a befitting reply. Begin the act. Put those drama classes of school to use. Think about it once you get time.

"Yeah, he did.....He told how it was you who r....." she paused to look at the woman's reaction to complete the lie. "raised him." Diana said it more to herself than to the woman. Do not think anything just speak.

Paulina's lip were a thin line, like she was doubting the genuineness of the statement.

"Its a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Parker." Diana shook her hand.

"Call me Lina, dear. You're one of us now." Her lips stretched into a smile.

"I think we're supposed to be seated very soon. Let's go, Lina." Ma tapped her shoulder and left.

"I'll be there soon Mom." Lina said, clasping Diana's fingers firmly.

Once Ma was out of sight, her grip hardened. "So it's you. I always thought he just ignored me cause he needed some time before settling down with Elizabeth. The fact he already made his choice, I missed it. But so you know, I pray he doesn't regret this decision."

The ContractOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara