( DROWN IN YOUR OUTRAGE )

║drown in your outrage
━━━ (AMPHITRITE'S TRIAL)

"DID YOU KNOW OCEANS can burn?" Amphitrite speaks with a wicked smile. She is chained, bounded, punished for the severity of her crimes in which she extracted love from humanity and brought terror down upon them. From lapping drowning children in sea foam and carrying them ashore safe and sound to raising tsunamis with the flick of her wrist and forcing greedy men to drown in her domain — Baal and Aidoneus came face-to-face with a complete stranger.

"Do tell, Amphitrite, what turned you into this?" Baal's voice was as booming as lightning as soon as it struck the terrain, aiming true to wherever he wished it landed. Right now, the skies were bleeding violet and threatening to split a passage of bright white to strike her.

She laughed, a sound quaking the sailors at sea.

"Humans are ungrateful ants. We made them for love and they decide to hate more and more, tilting their species out of balance. They can be so consumed in anger and greed and carelessness that they pollute my oceans either with the blood of their own kind, plastics or oil! They're poisoning my fish and killing my sea turtles with plastics and hunting down MY sharks for their blasted shark fin soup! They're destroying MY coral reefs and claim the ocean is dangerous when it is THEY who provoke ME!!"

To calm her down, Baal demands his lightning to strike. White pierces through Amphitrite's body and she quivers but dares to make no agonising sounds. Instead, she smiles. Slowly.

"You've gone insane," whispers Aidoneus, who despite maintaining their composed nature, was hurt at how unrecognisable their companion became.

"So I throw a couple of tantrums and I become a madwoman," Amphitrite states dryly, "meanwhile Baal throws tantrums everyday and he continues being the most revered amongst humans. I don't think that's fair."

"We're all only concerned for your wellbeing, Amphitrite. You were the most kind and forgiving of us all." They corrected themselves, attempting a gentle tone which did not match well to their stoic features. "We'd like the old you back."

"She's dead. Unless the humans stop killing my children and polluting my home."

"You're not the only one facing the consequences of a human's anger and greed!" snapped Baal, stomping one foot down. Like a child, she deadpans in her head. "Humans pollute the air too! And they kill my birds and the factories they build release toxic fumes tainting the air. But that gives me no excuse to start a massacre!"

"So you'd like a trophy as a reward for your restraint?" She mocks, smiling sickly sweet.

"You've gone too far." Aidoneus grimaces. "Constant tsunamis and extreme high tides. Your five headed dragon had already caused enough trouble. At this rate, you will wipe all of humanity off the face of this planet. Earth will be disappointed in you."

For a split second, she falters. She recalls Earth's gentle features and speech of how she expressed everlasting gratitude to them for ridding her of her loneliness. But was the cost of being surrounded by company worth it when said company treat you unjustly? Earth was too kind, and that was why Amphitrite had to be cruel.

"I suggest we wipe out all of our creation and create a new species at our hands. Ones that don't make Earth suffer."

"Not possible." Baal shook his head. "You don't even remember why we made humans as they are. You've truly lost sight."