24 | cordelia

║cordelia━━━ (CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR)

║cordelia
━━━ (CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR)

HER NAME AND ALL MEMORIES revolving around her was his favourite song. When the sun falls into its daily slumber and the moon breathes, his eyelids would flutter shut and a faint song sung by someone he cherished dearly would play inside his head. He was no wielder of dream magic but his mind had the habit of blurring the lines between reality and dreams. It was the same memories every night as much as it was the same song playing on repeat every night as he slept.

It would start off with their first meeting and this he recalled ever so vividly, her angelic existence out-glowing any star he viewed previously before his sleep within the endless expanse of his dream-played-memory. He was leaning by an old oak tree until someone's melody caught his attention and curiouser and curiouser he turned to find the source, only to have caught a fellow elf girl singing and dancing by herself. She was too pretty to be by her lonesome! But there she was, an angel with elf ears in the flesh, basking under the sunlight gleaming with her passion in solitude.

His first impression of her was nothing short of vivid too. Encaptivated within a perpetual state of awe unable to believe he was hearing heaven in his ears and seeing beauty of her finest form gracefully swaying to her own melody. But the awe was diminishing at that time as soon as the elf girl's head turned and she caught his unattractive staring in her peripheral vision. He panicked and looked away two seconds too late, having attempted to hide by burying his head in the old oak tree, wishing it'd have suddenly grown a mouth and swallowed him up. Then he heard giggles bouncing in the air as light as a feather followed by a soothing voice:

"You don't blend very well with the tree, you know?"

Embarrassment stained his soul and he figured he should at least face her to speak despite the bashfulness currently occupying his chest so he lifted his head and shifted his body around, "Yeah, I realised. But, um, I swear I wasn't judging you! I just heard singing and then saw you and then I thought your dance was pretty cool, so..."

The more he stumbled his words, the quieter his voice was but the more he spoke with innocent honesty, the wider her smile became.

"I'm Cordelia, and you are...?"

"Pa-Patri!" He blurted out. "Nice to meet you."

"Say, Patri!" The joy evident on her face made it clear she was in a good mood. He didn't know but as soon as she found an opportunity to make a friend, her mood had risen positively high like that of a balloon wandering upwards to the heavens above the clouds. "Wanna make flower crowns with me?"

"Flower crowns?"

"Yeah!" Without warning, she plopped her delicate self beside him as Patri scooted to give her more space, her fingers brushing over the grass like paintbrush over acrylics, searching for twine and fallen flowers. He couldn't help his fascination as he watched her meticulously craft a flower crown with swift ease and then placed it on his head.