9. HUNGER FOR INTIMACY

Start from the beginning

Rather than walking over immediately, he observes from a distance. He sees the way that other customers are looking at Jimin. He's beautiful and he doesn't blame them but for some reason it bothers him more than it probably should. He's chewing on his bottom lip when he watches Jimin deliver drinks to a table even though he shouldn't be leaving the counter. It looks a little short staffed tonight and that's probably why. But any reasonable explanation dissolves into thin air the second some guy reaches out to pinch the blond's ass.

As opposed to getting defensive, Jimin finishes handing out the drinks on his tray while his ass is fondled. He returns the tray to the counter and wanders off toward the bathrooms, curling his fingers tightly around the apron that's secured around his waist.

Jeongguk seethes with anger but he knows that if he confronts the man responsible, he's going to start something since he's obviously shit-faced. As much as he desires revenge, his first insinct is to check on Jimin. He hurries to the bathroom but when he curls his fingers around the doorknob to tug it open, it won't budge.

"Jimin?" Jeongguk calls out, wary.

He doesn't get an immediate response and he isn't surprised. He lingers a little bit longer and waits in silence with his head hanging. He does his best to hone in on whatever sounds are coming from the bathroom but all that he can hear is music and chatter.

"...What are you doing here?" Finally, a voice that doesn't make Jeongguk irritated.

The businessman's head rises. "Can you open the door for me?"

"No," Jimin responds, blunt.

Jeongguk sighs, curling his lips in. "I'm not trying to get you to my bed, little minx. I just want to talk to you. I saw what that guy did and it took everything inside of me to keep my hands to myself.

There's another pause of quietude and it begins to make Jeongguk restless until he can hear the faint sound of the door unlocking and the handle shift. He reaches for it and when it twists, he feels a wave of relief crash over him. He pushes it open and when it closes behind him, he makes sure to lock it again.

Jimin's back is facing him and his head is tilted downward. Jeongguk opens his mouth to say something but when the blond turns around with tears running down his cheeks and makeup around his lip that has clearly been smudged, he can feel his heart drop slightly.

"Jimin," Jeongguk says breathlessly, wanting to reach out. "What happened⎯"

"It's nothing, I'm fine." He wipes at his cheeks with his long sleeves, biting on the inside of his mouth.

Jeongguk takes another step closer. "You aren't fine. You can't lie to me, especially when you look like this and after what I just saw. Don't be stubborn, Jimin. I'm not blind."

The blond rolls his eyes, letting out a quiet exhale. "Fine, since you seem to know me so well. I'm not okay. I'm so behind in my school work and I'm barely covering rent at Taehyung's place. I tried breaking up a fight and got hit and I think someone is catching feelings for me when I don't do feelings. I'm tired of being focused on at work. I just want to do my job," he blurts out, his tone rising slightly as the frustration start to consume him.

Jeongguk watches Jimin's face closely after his small outburst. He's trying to keep it together but the wobble in his bottom lip is a dead giveaway. In a matter of seconds, the tears continue to fall once more. Jeongguk walks toward him, reaching out hesitantly to capture Jimin in his arms. This isn't what he had planned at all for tonight. And in fact it isn't like him to console other people. He's cold and he's known for his business face.

But as Jimin struggles at first to get away, Jeongguk is impelled to hold him tighter. The blond's arms flail and he tries to get away but eventually, all of the remaining energy he has left is spent. Jimin wraps his arms around Jeongguk's middle and balls the material of his trench coat jacket, crying into his shoulder.