*Naughty Dreams-Steve Harrington

Start from the beginning

"Falls asleep on my shoulder? What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"My mom believes that if a girl falls asleep on your shoulder it means she trusts you. Completely."

"What are you talking about?"

"When you're asleep, you're at your most vulnerable," he continued. "So if a girl falls asleep next to you, it means she trusts you to watch over her and protect her. Y/N falls asleep in your arms all the time. She trusts you."

"That could be because we've been friends since we were little," I started but Dustin's laugh cut me off.

"Come on, Steve," he chuckled. "Just tell her already. You'll both be a lot happier once you do."

* * * * *

I put my car in park and slowly got out. I locked it and headed into my house. I closed the door behind me and stopped when I saw Y/N still asleep on the couch. I smiled, not moving as I watched her sleep.

When I realized it was creepy, I slowly and carefully started walking up to my room. Until. . .

"Oh, Steve."

I froze.

"Keep going," Y/N moaned.

I turned around and saw that she was still asleep. My heart dove into my stomach and my stomach did a flip when I realized what was happening.

Y/N was having a wet dream. . .  About me.

"Steve, that feels. . ." She cut herself off with a moan I longed to hear over and over.

I forced myself to go upstairs. As much as I wanted to listen to her moan my name, I knew I couldn't. I was almost to the stairs when my clumsy self surfaced. It started with me trying to take off my shoes. It ended with me knocking over a lamp.

Y/N jumped awake, looking around confused. She looked over her shoulder and laughed when she saw me awkwardly holding up the lamp.

"You okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine," I said shakily.

She stood up and walked over to me. "Are you sure?" She pushed. "Steve, I know you. Something is wrong. What's going on?"

"It's nothing," I tried. I stopped talking when I saw the look on her face.

"Please," she whispered. "Talk to me."

"I heard you."

"What?" She stuttered. "What are you. . ."

"I took the kids home," I started to explain even though I wished I would shut up. "I know you haven't been sleeping well so I decided to let you sleep while I dropped them off. When I got home. . . You were still asleep but you were dreaming."

Y/N's eyes widened. She took a small step back, her breathing slowing. "What did you hear?" She asked under her breath.

"You," I answered under my breath. "I heard you. . ."

Reader's POV

I couldn't take the embarrassment. Steve had heard me talking in my sleep. I could only imagine what he heard. I wanted to run. I wanted to cry. I wanted the earth to open up and swallow me.

I turned around and started to run away. Steve didn't let me get far. He grabbed my hand and spun me around, pulling me into his chest.

"Steve," I said, my voice breaking. "Please let me go."

"No."

"Steve. . ."

"Tell me."

"What?" I gasped.