• 16

• Kaye POV •

"Why can't you sleep?" Hayes mumbled, turning over. I shook my head and he pulled me into his arm. "Get some sleep Kaye." He said, resting his head in the crook of my neck. "I can't." I said. "Why not?" He asked. I didn't respond and he sat up.

"Are you scared that something will happen?" He asked. "I'll sleep Hayes, I know you're tired so go to sleep." I said. "Kalyn, are you scared?" He asked seriously. "What if he attacks me again Hayes, I know it's him." I said. He laid back down and looked at me. "Come here baby." He said. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him, just like before.

"You know I won't let him hurt you, how many times do I need to tell you that?" He asked. "Fine." I said. He kissed and and I closed my eyes. Even though I had Hayes, I still couldn't sleep, I was just thinking of too many things. After I heard Hayes sleeping, I quietly got out of his arms and snuck out of the room. I walked in the twins room and I sat on the rocking chair in there.

I sighed and just sat there, thinking. I've been craving McDonald's really bad and that's all I wanted right now, plus I think it would get my mind off of things. I got up and went downstairs, grabbing Hayes' keys. I turned the alarm off and walked in, getting in his car. I don't know why I'm craving this late at night, but I am.

I got in the drive thru and ordered what I wanted. After the lady told me how much it was going to be, I drove to the other window. I handed her my card and she swiped it before handing it back to me. "Hey, do I know you from somewhere?" She asked. "I don't think so." I said when I didn't recognize who she was. She nodded and handed me my card back.

I drove to the next window and waited for my food. "Here you go." The guy said. I grabbed the bag and drink and thanked him. I drove off and started driving back to the car. The car started slowing down and I looked to see I was running out of gas. I pulled over and groaned.

"Might as well eat." I said. I started eating and I saw a car pull behind me. I locked the door and sat still. I watched as the figure got closer and they were soon at my window. They knocked on the window and I looked over. The guy motioned me to open the door and I shook my head.

"I'm not going to hurt you lady." He said loud enough for me to here. "I'm fine." I said. He left and I sighed in relief. I heard the passenger side window break and I looked to see the guy trying to unlock the door. I got out of the car and started running.

"Get back here!" He yelled. I looked back to see him getting in his car. I looked around and saw a ditch. I ran over to it and continued running. I had no idea where I was, but I knew he hadn't seen me. When I found a road, I noticed I wasn't too far from the house.

I started running and once I reached the house, I quickly ran in locking the door and putting the alarm on. "Kaye, where the hell have you been?! I've been calling!" Hayes yelled. "Hayes." I cried. "What happened, where did you go?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my neck. I hid my face in his chest and hugged him tightly.

"Baby you gotta tell me." He said. He led me over to the couch and sat down, pulling me on his lap. I hid my face in his shoulder and continued to cry. I've had some scary things happen to me, but this may be the scariest, aside from when Hayes was in that fire. I could barely get a word out. I always found myself crying on Hayes' lap like a five year old nowadays.

"What's wrong?" I heard. "It's fine, I got it." Hayes said. The person got closer and asked another question. "Is she alright?" It was Matthew. He ended up staying last night along with Carter and Madison. "Yeah, she's okay." Hayes said. I wasn't okay, but there wasn't much I could do.

"I want to hear that from Kaye." Matthew said. "What's going on, I can hear kaye crying from upstairs." I heard Carter. "She needs some space, can you guys go to sleep." Hayes said getting aggravated. I lifted my head up and faced them. "You guys can go back to sleep." I said. "You look terrible." Carter commented.