Finally Found

Carolinas pov...

I was gitty and I found it difficult to sit still, gazing out the window to see the large downpour outside. After hours of seeing nothing but hot blistering desert, a lush and cold forest was a nice change.

Thankfully the warthog we cofensatid still had its roof attachment so nothing could flood the vehicle and soak us too, it even allowed us to remove our helmets for a change.

I fittled with the hair tie on my wrist, deciding to give my hair a break from it. Time seemed slower to me I was unable to focus, wash on the over hand seemed to be just happy to be out of a fight *I wonder if this is like a vacation?* I asked myself,  it was an odd question but I guess I could say I was just trying to fill my head with noise.

But then again being in a constant fight is tiring so perhaps this is like one, I guess he noticed my boredom and turned on the radio.

Unfortunately the makeshift CD player I grabbed had one disk of God awful polka music to play, "ugh can we please stop playing this music!" I heard church complain, "nope" wash replied popping the p at the end, I smirked seeing the small blue hologram cross his arms in annoyance.

"Asshole" he muttered, wash chuckled and shook his head.

Hours later... freelancer offsite storage facility... 3rd pov...

The duo stood in front of an abandoned facility, it was missing its roof and a wall and was covered in moss. "Is this the place?" Carolina asked, "yup" wash stared at the building "how many are inside?" He asked, "none" the A.I replied, "really none?" Carolina asked, church nodded again, "come on maybe theres a terminal near by" wash said.

As they walked around the halls only making small talk every now and then "hey over here" church commented, /hello/  a familiar voice said from the terminal, "filise?" Carolina asked, "what happened to you?" She again questioned.

/I am sorry but this facility is for authorized personnel only I ask for you to please leave premises/ she asked politely, "open it" church said,  /oh! Welcome back director, I didn't realize you left hmm I see I need to recheck all my files/ she said, as a door in the wall opened.

"Man I've got a weird sense of deja vu " he said, "no kidding " wash said to his brain roommate.

Once they reached a room filled with teleporters they stopped at one twords the other side of the room, "ready?" Carolina asked, "yup you?" He asked, "yup" and with that they moved.

"Oh my god" the cyan armored woman said, "what did he do?" Wash asked, "he kept trying until he got her right" the A.I replied.

There in the room was many machines suited in black armor, they all imitated the stance of cracking their knuckles and neck. One walked forward and copied the movement "you have no idea what kind of trouble you two are in" it laughed, as Carolina raised her plasma rifles, wash then raised his DMR "lady's first" he said, he heard her giggle "what a gentleman " she replied, before firing at them "woof" church said.

As Carolina began firing at the small army, wash knelt down and would shoot at any that would try and throw a grenade them, or any that got too close he would use his kukri on them.

He could see Carolina throw down her rifles as she jumped back and pulled a shotgun out and charged at them. "Watch your left!!" Chruch yelled, wash dodged the attack and punched the tex like clone.

He then ran like how Carolina did the kukri in his right hand and a combat knife in his left, he ducked a punch that was aiming at his left, and with the kukri he stabbed the machine between the helmet and chest armor.

He then adjusted his grip of the knife and threw it at a clones head, the knife's metal blade peirced the visor and the clone fell in a crumpled pile. As more raced towards him, he could see Carolina weaving and winding around them as she attacked them.

Doing the same he grabbed his knife and stabbed it into ones abdomen, then sheathing his knife he pulled out the pistol he received from kats death and shot a few of them.

He saw Carolina run past by him in a fury "CAROLINA CALM DOWN!!" he yelled at her, but she didn't hear him, his concern continued to grow as she grew more reckless. "CAROLINA!!" he again yelled, but she was struck by one of the clones and collided into a heavy metal create causing a sizable dent.

He ran to her and held them off as church urged her to get up "she was right!" She said in defeat, "I can't do this I cant beat her!" She exclaimed, "I could never beat her" one clone walk towards her "be-better l-l-luck next t-ime ca-ca-carolina" it said in tex's voice before wash shot it "get up" wash said, Carolina look at him confused "why?" She asked, he looked at her trying to find the words to encourage her to finish what they had started.

"Because the man responsible for all of this is right behind them and if we dont handle him then who else?" He said, it seemed to bring her confidence back up as he handed her the pistol.

She grasped it in her hands, gaining the feeling of importance to the weapon in her grip she held it gently, and as wash pulled his DMR out and took aim she quickly followed suit.

Being more diligent then before, Carolina was more careful with her temper, as she shot each clone and punching one every now and then.

"Church!" she called, the hologram appeared in front of her at the ready. "Are you able to deactivate them?" She asked, "maybe" he said, " if I'm able to get to beta then yes it should deactivate the others" he further said. How ever he looked uncertain,  he wasn't sure if talking to beta would work, she was always not only the most painful aspect of himself but she was always the most rebellious.

"Alright things are about to get personal " he said.

It was the same room he remembered, metallic walls lined with thin layers of frost. Pale lights so bright it was blinding, he remembered they were torturous to the A.I, he was never able to sleep with them on.

"Hey" he called out, beta stood on the other end of the room, tired she looked so tired, she was slumped over as she lent against the wall, "huh?" Snaping her head up she straightened up as she acnolaged him.

"Oh! Yeah" she said, he tentatively walked twords her "maybe you should rest" he suggested, "rest yeah I'd like that" she said softly, he grabbed her hands and ran his thumb over her knuckles.

"I'd know you would..." he paused, with a sigh he began slowly walking back "goodbye" she gripped his hands a second before releasing them "weird I don't know why but I hate goodbyes" she said confused. "I know why " he replied, "do-do I know you?" She asked him.

"You can say we used to be close" he said, "alright goodbye" she whispered, church took a final look at her. And the left the room feeling empty again, when he returned he saw the clones freeze still, then they suddenly dropped into mass piles.

"Ready?"

"Yeah I am..."