14 - Little Warrior

Start from the beginning

However, I was shaken out of my thoughts by a deep voice behind me. "Who are you bringing to the ball?"

I turned around to find Logan peering over my shoulder "no one, I'm going alone."

"You're going alone?"

"Yeah, did I stutter?"

"No, it's just... no one goes with out a date, especially woman, there's very few woman in the mafia so when they do go to these things, they're normally there to be a date for the guys. We even have a competition to judge them between the main men of the mafia."

I didn't know what to say; I just stood there and stared at him with the biggest bitch face I could pull until he spoke.

"bbbbutttttt... you don't need a date?" he raised his eyebrows, almost in fear of me.

I smirked before patting his shoulder and walking to the fridge "Close save barbie." I muttered in the light of the refrigerator.

"Barbie?"

"Well you just looked so pretty in all the makeup me and Days piled on you, it seems like a suitable name for you, why Barbie, do you not like you're new name Barbie?"

He huffed as I chuckled and pulled a bottle of ice tea out of the fridge,

man, I love ice tea

'If you're going to call me Barbie, I'm going to call you Super.'

He grinned like he was proud for coming up with the name

why are all guys so dense?

"Let me guess, like super nova?" I took a sip of my ice tea and rolled my eyes at his idiocy.

"Yep, still want to call me Barbie?"

"I don't know Barbie, should I call you Barbie? I wouldn't want to be called super, Barbie."

He flipped me off and walked out of the kitchen as I chuckled a little.

I sat down on one of the island stools and drank my ice tea whilst still scrolling through my phone.

Some time after I heard footsteps behind me and I turned to see who it was.

"You still up, it's a bit late." None other than the tiny dancer that slid down the pole like a stripper instead of jumping to the ground on the assignment, walked into the kitchen.

I took a silent deep breath, he was wear grey joggers and no shirt. The dim light highlighted his toned, tanned abs which almost made me choke as he leaned back onto the counter, still looking at me.

See here's the thing: I'm not a virgin and I haven't been for 6 years.

It's a tricky story and I don't like to talk about it simply because I would rather forget it then dwell on meaningless shit but oh well.

When I was 15 I wasn't how I am now. I wasn't as good at what I do and I certainly could not fight fully grown men nor did I have the voice to stand up for myself. I should blame my father for constantly talking down to me but for some reason, I blame myself for being too weak.

So anyway, I was 15 and my father gave me my first assignment. I was over the moon to finally be able to do something to make my father shut up about myself not being good enough to live and I was going to shove it down his fucking throat.

I had to kill this 38 year old guy. Honestly, I don't even remember why I had to, but I did. I already knew I was never going to be able to fight him by myself because I was to small and under trained plus he was always with body guards. So I had to get creative.