Chapter 9

Hi everyone so have you ever had that moment when your laughing so hard you don't make a noise and you sit there laughing like a retarded seal? That's totally me!:D

* * * *

Chapter 9

Candy's P.O.V

So after that so embarrassing moment I turned deep red while Rose did the same and it actually looked she would stay like that forever. I mean seriously?! Leo was standing right there! Anyways Leo started laughing which got the attention of every shifter and they were now staring wide eyed with mouths wide open. Not a pretty sight if you ask me since some people were in the middle of chewing! Gross! But still he's just laughing people! So what he went through depressing times?, get over it!. Leo finally stopped and said "Candy we're leaving" it left no room for discussion so I simply said goodbye to Rose who was still flushing with embarrassment. Then I followed Leo to his car. "why are we leaving?" "Alpha duties. Dads not here." oh. He is changing. I nodded and got in the seat.

After a few silent moments had passed he finally turned towards me grinning and said "so what's huge?" I frowned and said "apparently your ego." he chuckled and I said "it's not what you think." "ok I'm not saying anything. So when we get to dads headquarters I'm going to be a bit busy and you'll probably get bored so your free to walk around but don't get in trouble ok" I nodded and said "so when are you taking over as Alpha?" he suddenly became tense and I knew i had asks the wrong thing. He finally took a deep breath and said in a whisper "when I find my Luna" after that it became silent. I didn't know what to say, what could I say? He lost his mate for gods sake he must be hurting. Of course he wasn't ready. "Leo? Do you think I could get a car of my own?" he smiled and said "I'll look into it" and with the air cleared off we spent the rest of the ten minutes in a comfortable conversation.

When we got there Leo was immediately asked for help "Alpha, there has been rouge attacks in the north and east boundaries." "our young ones need to start training." "Alpha Jenkins is asking for an alliance" "Alpha Darren wants permission to pass through." "sir, we still have to organize the welcoming party for our current Luna and send invitations to our neighboring Alphas" Leo rubbed his temples and said "all right follow me to the office and well sort this out. Patrick get me our files. Candy, go to the kitchen" with that said we parted ways and now I found myself sitting on the kitchen counter eating a snickers bar with lots of other junk food surrounding me.

I was on my third snickers bar when some guy came in and said "are you done eating the whole kitchen?" I smiled and said "not yet but you can wait or hand me those skittles" he smiled showing his dimples and said "I'm Brayden" I smiled and said "Candy" he smiled and I couldn't help but check him out. He had light brown hair was short which hung in loose curls, he had blue eyes and a surfers body. He was wearing a plaid green tee with kaki shorts. Wow, he actually reminded me of those surfers in Cali. He saw me looking and smirked then said "done checking me out?" I smiled and said "nope now turn" he laughed and did as I told him. Then he sat beside me and said "what are you doing here?" "I'm waiting for Leo" "oh your the girl" I raised my eyebrow an said "aha" he laughed and said " Patricks my dad, wants me to stick around beside him so I could be future Beta" i smiled and said "looks like your doing a good job at it" he winked and said "I'm cool like that" I laughed and he said "he's probably looking for me right now" I nodded and said "maybe. So why are you talking to me?" he shrugged and said "well Alpha Paul isn't here to scare me off" I smiled and said "oh ok but I don't need help from anyone to protect me." he smiled and was about to say something when we heard "BRAYDEN!" Patrick appeared in the doorway with disapproving look he saw me and did a short bow "miss." I smiled and said "please don't be mad at him I was the one who distracted him. I'm sorry I was just bored. I apologize." he looks at me then at Brayden and he said "oh well it's ok then but we should get to work." we nodded and Brayden followed him out while mouthing the word 'thanks' and I just winked. So much for not being bored.

I was about to start roaming around when there was a huge crash coming from upstairs making me freeze. When I could finally move I went to see what had happened when all of a sudden a pissed off Leo was standing in front of me, his Eyes pitch black his breathing was fast and you could tell his wolf was fighting for control by the way his body was shaking. "L-Leo?..." he then growled loud enough he shook the kitchen making me freeze all over again and with every small movement I made he would let out a menacing growl.

What the hell happened?

* * * *

So whatcha think?:D

XoXo