"yes."

Sam notes something down I can't read. he then calls to the next witness, Tubbo.

"whats your claim?"

"guilty."

"state your evidence."

"when Tommy told me-" I stop listening when he talks.

I drown them all out. I ignore them, partially from the pain in my back and from not wanting to be here.

Sam calls more people up. Sapnap, Fundy, other members of Las Nevadas.

Most of claim good evidence, or don't know how to say we are innocent.

"Uh.. Slime? Come to the stand." that's when I listen again. I raise my head and see Slime walk up uneasy.

"whats your claim."

"innocent."

"state your evidence."

Slime looks back at me nervously. I look at him with fear as my heart races. I don't know what the outcome of this trial is.

"Quackity from Las Nevadas is innocent. yes, what he did was true but he isn't bad! Quackity is my best friend and did these things for the safety and benefit of Las Nevadas.

he didn't tell me everything, but what he did say was he did this to help. he wanted to help the country grow and have a strong Legacy. he did it to protect Tommy and his friends. and to... to be with Wilbur from L'manburg."

murmers run through the crowd as Sam scribbles down whatever he writes down.

"thank you, go sit." Slime walks off the stage, never breaking eye contact from me.

"Wilbur Soot, state your claim. are you innocent"

Wil stayed put. Sam repeats himself and then Wil listens and states his case.

"We're innocent!"

"Just you, Wilbur."

"sigh, I'm innocent. I owed Dream a favor for reviving me. and I wanted to have enough ground with Las Nevadas for Quackity. it was two birds with one stone..." His voice was cold.

with the way we were chained, I couldn't comfort him. I couldn't touch him. I couldn't even move. it was torture.

"Alex Quackity, state your claim." Sam demands as he writes more.

"...innocent... anything and everything I do is for an over all benefit. I did what I did to ensure Las Nevadas's legacy. to keep Tommy safe. to help the other members, to help them keep their legacy."

Sam finishes whatever he was writing and calls for a recess, and that after that when the trial resumes, our fates are sealed.

I let my head drop and eyes close, trying to ignore the burning pain in my back. I guess a rock fell on me or something, but it hurt horribly.

--------------------------------------------
The trial resumes, and my heart races.

Sam is back in his spot on stage and taps the mic, testing it. everyone is in their seats and silence echoes through the crowd.

"Alex Quackity, you have been declared..."
my races in my chest, I hold my breathe, despite basically already knowing the answer.

Guilt-

"innocent." the crowd speaks up but I don't know if they agree, I laugh at this stupid luck. Wil looks at me with the happiest face ever, glad I'm safe.

I look around and study the scene, almost the whole SMP here. cloudy skies, we're at the prison.

it's bitter and sweet after this news.

Sam grabs my shoulders and lifts me up to ny feet. I stay tied to the pole, but I don't care enough.

the adrenaline of surviving runs through me.

"Wilbur Soot... you have declared.." Silence haunts the moment once again. my heart beats once again.

please be innocent...

"Guilty."

I hear boos and celebrations mixed together.

Sam pulls put a sword, and my eyes widen.

"your punishment is an execution."

the scream that's been hiding in my throat let's out and I scream, tears falling down my face.

"NO! NO! NOT HIM! PLEASE!" I beg and cry  but I'm ignored.

"Wilbur, I've been taking notes, watching your reactions. I know your deal."

sobs escape from my lips as I thrash about the chain, trying to help my lover.

"I know death wouldn't be the worst punishment for you anymore. I know something that is much worse for you now."

"WILBUR!" I scream.

Wil silently stares at Sam, the crowd becoming louder. he darts his eyes between Sam and I, and something seems to click.

"no... NO NO! DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HIM! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM!" He yells at Sam as he tries standing up.

when he's back on his feet, he tries to go for Sam but is held back by the chains and the pole.

"Quackity!" he cries out to me. his wrists begin to bleed from the harsh thrashing.

Sam raises his sword to strike and I yell.

the crowd screams in terror. everyone thought Wilbur was going to be executed but now that it's me they panic.

before I know it it's all silent. I feel a pain in my chest and I suddenly can't breath.

I slowly look down to see a sword piercing through me.

everything feels slow. the blood staining my shirt, Sam removing the sword, even the screams around me are drowned out and are slowed.

I feel my legs give out as I drop, my vision blurring.

"QUACKITY!" Wilbur yells. I can't hear him well through.

I feel blood spill from my mouth. my heart beat weakens.

I use the last of the strength I didn't have to look my lover.

"amour-"

and it all goes black.

Quackity was slain by The Wardens Will.