Chapter Thirty-One: How Could You Do This To Us?

Start from the beginning

"Wait, what have I done?" I ask, grabbing Alex's hand.

Alex stops. I watch him take a deep breath before turning around to face me.

"You really don't know?" he asks, pulling his hand out of mine.

I shake my head, feeling this rush of emotion run through me.

"God," Alex mumbles. 

He turns away from me again and reaches for the door that is to our left. I'd never seen this room before and I'm not sure I want to know what is inside. 

"Alex, just tell me," I plead.

He ignores me and instead pushes the door open. 

"Go in," Alex grunts, nodding towards the room.

Folding my arms across my waist, I drag my eyes away from Alex and look into the room. I'm shocked to be met with a white room full of tables and chairs. But mostly I'm shocked to see the entire Senior and Junior teams sitting on these tables and chairs. Each one with a scowl or a frown on their face.

My pulse starts to race. 

"W-what's going on?" I say into the room.

No one replies. 

I look around. Will and Lily sit together on top of one of the tables, her face buried in his shoulder. Jack, Sacha and Bishop sit together at a separate table, each staring at me intensely. Georgia and Sophie sit on chairs at the front of the room, Sophie looking at me like how a lion looks at a baby gazelle. Elias stands at the back of the room, leaning against the wall, Sienna sitting beside him on a chair. Katy has tears streaming down her face while Mia comforts her on a table to my right.

What is this?

Alex pushes past me, taking a seat on Will's other side.

I glance over my shoulder and notice the door is shut. We are all trapped here together and I'm terrified.

"So why are we all here?" I ask, quietly.

There's a laugh. "Does she think we're stupid?"

I turn in the direction of the voice and to my surprise, it has come from Jack. 

"I mean come on Maddie, the game is up," he continues, almost laughing.

Shaking my head I look down at my feet. "What game?"

"Are you actually still trying to be oblivious to this whole thing?" Katy's voice snaps.

I look her way and feel a deep sting. Her cheeks glisten with tears but she's stopped crying. She looks at me tensely, her eyes alight.

"To what?" I demand, looking back at everyone.

"To what you and Elias did?" Will exclaims.

My heart sinks and my throat closes and... and... nothing. The truth is finally out and I can't do anything about it except face the facts. Face the room full of very angry people.

Who are all rightfully angry.

I bite down hard on my lip to prevent the tears from coming to the surface.

"Okay, I'm sorry," I say, looking down at the wooden floor.

"That's it?" I hear Sacha yell from the back of the room. "All we get is sorry."

I open my mouth to speak but it's too dry. My mind fuzzles and I don't have anything to say to them.

Slowly, I look up again. I meet Alex's blue and angry eyes.