Author's Note

PLEASE READ

Hello everyone! I'm M, your author.

You may have read my George Weasley fanfic, Just Around the Corner (I often call it JATC) and discovered me then or just now here. Either way, I'm happy to have you! This is my 2nd fan-fiction ever but, I am very proud of my accomplishments and growth I found in JATC.

Things to note:

This is a Fred Weasley fan-fiction. If you are looking for George, go check out my first work. It even has a one-shot book that accompanies it.

If you've seen the movie The Proposal, it was part of the inspiration for this fic. I really do love a good rom com <3 (you don't need any understanding of the movie to enjoy this fanfic however!)

The OC, Nicole Morris, is American. Just like my other main OC from my other work, Nicole will have a very limited physical description, therefore everyone can imagine her however they choose. All bodies shall be accepted and praised here, therefore make Nicole look whatever way you'd like!

However, avoiding any physical description is challenging so here is all I've noticed about her so far:

1.  She's shorter than the twins. They are extremely tall so this still leaves plenty to the imagination

2.  I've stated she has "wild hair" but I think that could apply to various different looks. Exact length, color, and texture is not mentioned.

3.  She's got stretch marks because who doesn't? (Also I think they are pretty <3)

This work will probably not have as much smut as my other fan-fiction but this is still meant for mature audiences. (If you are looking for smut, there will be smut in this!) Please do not read this if you are not of a mature age. Therefore, no children should be reading any of my works!

This is a safe place, treat others and I with respect.

Important Tags:

Fred Weasley X OC

Fake Dating Trope

Fake Engagement

One Bed Trope

Smut

No beta we die like men

Various cultural differences (some cliché)

American x British

Somewhat of an age gap? (four year difference)

Lee and George friendships with OC

References to my George fic, Just Around the Corner   (You do not need to read that to understand this fic however! Not Tying the Knot (NTTK) is its own separate, independent story!)

Potential TW's or Mature Themes:

Alcohol Use

Drug Use (Cannabis, marijuana)

Fraud, illegal activity

Sex/Smut

strained/challenging relationship with parents

Crude language

Age gap (Do I need to put this here? idk but just in case)

TWs will be mentioned at the beginning of every chapter. More serious ones will have * in the chapter to show where it starts and ** where it ends if you'd like to skip a part but keep reading. If * is in the chapter, there will be a summary at the end as well. These are the same symbols used in my other works as well.  I don't think this fic will have as potentially challenging content, I think it's lighter than JATC.

This fanfic will be shorter than Just Around the Corner (JATC) , which took me almost a year to write. Thats a lot of energy, hours, writing, and planning. I am going to need some time to work back up to a project that large again. But still, this will have a least 10 chapters (probably more knowing me. JATC ended up having like 10 addition chapters compared to my original layout!)

If you have any questions for me, here is the place! ——>

I don't mind to answer some questions about myself if you'd like but I do consider myself a rather private person. But I love chatting with you all <3

Not Tying the Knot playlist!
"Paper Rings" by: Taylor Swift
"bad idea!" By: girl in red
"London Boy" By: Taylor Swift
"Lies" By: MARINA
"pretty boy" By: cavale
"Too Close" By: Alex Clare
"we made it." By: David Hugo

A brief summary:

American journalist Nicole Morris always dreamed of being a famous writer, ultimately chasing fantastical stories all the day to London, England. Dreaming of writing a moving novel about the 2nd Wizard War doesn't leave a lot of downtime, especially for paperwork. After failing to refile her work VISA, Nicole is soon to be deported, that is, until a particularly mischievous redhead comes up with the con of century. Will they be able to convince everyone of their fake engagement and get what they both want or will they get more than they bargained for?

Forever isn't permanent...right?

First Published: February 14th, 2022

Completed: July 31st, 2022