I place my hands on top of my heart. "Aw, look at you being the doting father. If I knew that this was how you would act when you feel guilty, I would have guilt-tripped you way earlier." I drop my hands to my side. "Also, I didn't get three thousand outfits, I got two thousand." He looks at me and cocks a brow. "And the difference is?" I scoff and fold my arms on my chest. "Did you fail math or something? The difference is a thousand." We stare at each other for another beat, then he taps his forehead. "Duh, silly me. How could I not-" his stupid comment was interrupted by a butler knocking on my door. "Signor Aldo, you only have an hour left until your reservation."

Aldo makes an o shape with his lips before replying, "Okay, thank you, Renzo."

"Any time, signor."

After Renzo's reminder, I reach for my new clothes and instantly pick out the dress I want to wear. I grab the dress I had in mind off its hanger-a deep orange bodycon with a cowl neck, maxi dress. The material has a soft shimmer to it, elevating the elegance of the dress, making it the most suitable for the night. "It's a fancy restaurant, right?" I turn to him, confident that he will answer as expected. "Of course, there's no way I'm taking my daughter to a restaurant that's less than fancy."

I roll the dress carefully on my forearm and pull Aldo in for a side hug, but my flushed face meets his chest when this six-foot-two monster grabs my shoulder. "Thank you, Dad." Warmth fills me when he admits, "So all I needed to do was get you clothes to have you call me Dad again, huh?"

"More or less." I chuckle.

"But seriously," he soothes my arm up and down, "I promise I'm not doing this out of guilt." He pulls me back so that we are looking at each other. "I'm doing this because I want to do it for you. I want to act like a proper dad towards you, okay?"

I gulp the lump of emotions gripping at my throat, because ew, I'm not about to cry.

"Okay." It comes out choked, but I manage not to cry. That's a good enough win.

He smiles and kisses the top of my head. He steps back, stuffing one of his hands inside his pocket. "Alright then." He raises his right hand to look at his Rolex watch. "You have about... forty-five minutes to get ready because it will take us twenty minutes to get to the restaurant, but I can make it ten minutes if we speed." He winks. I roll my eyes as I turn and quickly run to the shower. I don't want to rush this one like I did this morning. "Good thing you're rushing. That's what I like to see." I flip him off and shut the bathroom door behind me. Once I'm inside, I yell to him, "You too, get out of here and shut the door behind you." He doesn't respond, but as I step into the shower, I hear the door shut.

I keep the time in mind as I shower, but I also make sure not to rush. Before putting on the dress, I moisturize and put on my new favourite, Auora Ruby Kiss body mist, because it smells divine. When the beautician gave me a sample earlier as we passed a perfume shop, I knew I had to get it ASAP. Amongst the clothes, Aldo made sure I went and personally picked out anything else that I needed or wanted. So, I brought makeup, shoes, electronics, and basically anything that I saw and liked.

I take out my new iPhone and look up a curly hair tutorial. I settle for this cute half-up, half-down style, which surprises me when I manage it after two tries. As a final touch, I put on a gold set, a necklace and earrings, one of the things Dad brought for me earlier. Then I paired them with uniquely designed golden rings for my fingers and bracelets on both my wrists.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I lace up the beautifuly made gold toe point stilettos that I picked for tonight to finish getting ready. I look at the clock and smile, thinking, "Perfect," when I see that I finished right on the forty-five-minute mark that Dad gave me. I walk to the mirror to appreciate my choices for tonight, and as I stare at my reflection, I'm the happiest I have been in a while when I see my dress gracefully hugging my curves.

Dad knocks on the door. "Are you ready, kid?" I spin around. "Yeah," I respond and I speed towards the door.

______.______

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴇsᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄs:

So what do you guys think?

Please give me any thoughts on how I can improve. Is there things you want me to add?

How did you like this chapter?

Thank you for reading. :))

______.______

©__zzzZzzz__© 2021
🤍
______.______

______.______