Chapter Two: The Sorcerous Festival

It was a beautiful day within the Nazarick Empire, the bright sun shining its rays upon the structures below as countless civilians went about their daily commute. Children ran happily through the streets as they played, offering quick waves towards the [Death Knights] that patrolled the inner walls. The Undeads' robes were crafted from a powerfully-enchanted cloth that consisted of whites and golds, signifying the status of a royal guardian.

Today, the people of the Nazarick Empire were standing by the road as they awaited the appearance of their Great Emperor, Ainz Ooal Gown; every year, the towering Skeleton would roam through the streets whilst being accompanied by his beautiful wife, the two of them being held in a grand carriage by groups of powerful Undead summons. Any minute now, he would show to gift them with his warming presence and charismatic voice, offering them the vitalisation they needed to continued through their mortal lives.

Roughly ten minutes passed before the citizens finally heard it. The powerful echoes of trumpets and heavy marching of armoured boots that symbolised the arrival of their supreme ruler. entire streets worth of Humans, Elves, Lizardmen, Beastmen and even Vampires were jumping in place as they clapped their hands together post haste, desperate to vocalise their endless love and devotion to the one who offered them sanctuary.

They all watched with star-like eyes as countless Undead began their synchronised promenade down the slabbed streets of the Nazarick Empire, their sockets gleaming with a powerful set of blue orbs that pierced through the people watching them. However, the civilians were anything but terrified; these mighty -and monstrous- Heteromorphic summons were the backbones of the soldiers that made up their lord's unparalleled military might. If the Supreme King created them, then they could only bring positivity to their lush kingdom and protect them from the corruption of the Slane Theocracy.

Each thunderous step from these creatures only served to multiply the people's anticipation ten fold, their bodies shivering out of pure anticipation for the Supreme King's undoubted arrival. Though many of them had judged their Skeletal Monarch many moons ago, they'd all come to understand that he was just as much Human as the rest of them, and he helped to show his people that anyone can better themselves with enough effort. Perhaps that was why the humanoids had to qualms with standing beside the Vampiric Heteromorphs and speaking about how amazing Ainz truly was.

Once the first wave of Undead passed, everyone gasped with excitement as they noticed the all-to-familiar carriage that contained the King and Queen of the Nazarick Empire; The all-powerful Ainz Ooal Gown, and his elegant wife Zesshi Zetsumei. Everyone in the kingdom agreed that Zesshi was the perfect match for their King, the royal Skeletal even admitting himself that it was the illustrious Half-Elf that showed him the true value of life within his immortal life.

The citizens all began cheering with joy once the royal carriage was barely ten feet away from them, illustrating their undying love and cherishment for the Emperor and Empress. The carriage itself was an obsidian purple in colour, with golden edging running across the frame. Furthermore, the recognisable symbol of both Ainz Ooal Gown and the Nazarick Empire were carved into the practically-indestructible material, a powerful blue hue protruding from the cresses. Through the crimson curtains that decorated it, everyone present could make out two shadowed figures on the inside.

The first entity was rather short compared to the second, her hourglass figure easily identified through the shadows. However, the second being was probably the most important person within the entire Empire; standing well over 6 feet in height, the man's robes fell flat against his fleshless form as his red orbs pierced through the curtains of his royal carriage, staring out towards his citizens who immediately began cheering. Obviously, this man was none other than Ainz Ooal Gown himself, the immaculate Undead that was revered at the saviour of Humanity in the eyes -and hearts- of his people.