•16: Ya Doing Well•

Start bij het begin

The audacity!

"I don't like both of you" I pout in mock anger and start stomping to the other side of the class with my arms folded. Somebody will look at us and not know I'm the oldest amongst the three of us with months cus of how much I act like a baby. Well sha.

I walk over to Adekunle's locker still pouting with my arms folded and just stand there not saying anything. He notices me and his face contorts into that of concern.

"Star what's wrong?" He asks me while standing up from his seat to be at eye to shoulder level with him. Yes he's literally a head taller than me.

"I don't know what we did to Mrs Ona but I feel she just hates us for no apparent reason and this assignment she gave us is basically a death trap and I asked Shatoni if she would give me her assignment to copy but she said no then I asked Ava and she also said no and even pushed my face away like don't they understand that people like me don't like stress? Like it was not made for me" I basically rap out whinily within seconds and I'm literally out of breath right now.

Adekunle just stands there looking at me with a stunned look on his face. I look around and I see my classmates also looking at me with the same looks on their faces.

"Wow" Adekunle says before I even get the chance to ask what. "It was by the grace of God I was able to grab 80% of what you said" he laughs.

"Sis have you thought of joining the music industry as a rapper?" AY asks and instead of the reaction I expect from my classmates to be them laughing, they actually nodded like they were in support of what he said.

Too bad they have to dead that thought.

"Dead it" I say while laughing.

"Back to the serious matter on ground! All of you should do your assignments well o so I can use it later on Monday" I announce to all of them. I really don't want to do this assignment.

"Rolakeeeeee ahhhh" Bofa calls my name like all those Nigerian mothers that want to scold their children.

"Will you give me your note sweetheart? Yunno I love you" I pout at her, batting my lids.

"It's when you want something from somebody that's when you'll know you love them" Ayobami tsks from her seat and starts laughing.

"Abi?!" Bofa yells in confirmation.

"No nau isnoh lykdat. I love all of you but it's times like this that it really comes out" I say as a matter-of-factly.

"Hm naso" Bami says and gives me the 'yimu' look.

"I'm serious nauuuuu" I whine like a baby.

All this stress to just secure assignment answer. Chaii.

"Don't worry I'll give you mine" Adekunle says from beside me and almost immediately after I hear that, I'm already hugging him like my life depends on it.

"Oh thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!!! You are such a darling and a life saver" I says really fast in the heat of the moment.

_____________

Adekunle Orenuga
_____________

I stand there flustered by our position. My hands on her waist and her body impossibly close to mine.

I know I'm not meant to be thinking about that but it can't seriously be ignored now can it?

My insides start flipping in a weird way with her nose nuzzled up against my shoulder.