Goodbye Is Never Easy

"NO!!!" I screamed as my husband of twenty years collapsed into my arms and I held him close immediately putting pressure onto his wound whilst an onlooker called for an ambulance.

I looked down at John kissing his forehead as I held him close to my chest, "don't you get leaving me and the kids....we need you we love you....I love you" I whispered sobbing as I held him and he weakly grabbed my hand, "baby....if anything were to happen to me please live for me.....I'm so so incredibly proud of you and please tell the kids that I love them....I love you too baby" he whispered trying to squeeze my hand as his eyes teared up with tears slipping down his face and I knew he was scared and truthfully I was too.

After a few moments the ambulance turned up and John was put into the ambulance with me by his side as I let the paramedics tend to him whilst I held his hand tightly and I watched him slowly slipping away, "I love you" I whispered as he closed his eyes, "I love you too baby" he spoke softly as he drifted off and I felt his grip on my hand weaken and go limp and I looked at him and saw he'd gone. I burst into harsh sobs as I lay my head onto his shoulder letting my endless flow of tears land onto his shoulder arriving at the hospital.

The paramedics came and took me and John in and I watched them take John to confirm he had passed away and I just sat on the floor numb and heartbroken, I needed John, I couldn't believe he was gone, I didn't wanna believe it. I got up hearing my name and I saw a youngish doctor who looked at me sadly and I knew it was true....John was dead.

I got to say goodbye to John and decided to walk home, I needed to think and thinking is what I did....I thought about everything John and I had been through....everything we did together and with the kids and I started to sob harder than I already was thinking about how I was going to tell the kids that their father was no longer going to be there to say goodnight or that he loves them....I didn't know what to do.

One hour later and I got home and went straight upstairs to the kids and I stood and watched over them noticing Julian was awake so I went over to him and got into bed with him and just cried, "mum? What's wrong?" He asked softly as he cupped my cheeks wiping my tears away, "well....uhm....you're father....he....he's dead" I sobbed and buried my face into his chest, "but he told me to tell you and your brother that he loves you" I cried and Julian's only concern was me and Sean but mine was him and Sean.

Sean heard me crying, "mummy?" He asked quietly and I looked up over at Sean as I before I got up off Julian's bed and went over to Sean and I grabbed his hands and tried to calm myself down, "Sean....I have something to tell you....so....earlier I was out with daddy and well....he needed hospital.....and....and sadly.....he passed away....your father is dead....but he told me to tell you and Jules that he loves you" I whimpered sniffling as Sean buried himself into my chest and sobbed. I held Sean as we cried and I felt Julian hold me whilst he cried but deep down I knew John was watching over us and I knew he was there.

I let the boys cry until they passed out and I lay Sean down in his bed then I turned and picked up Julian placing him into his bed as I then left their room and went downstairs calling George, Paul and Ringo;

George: "hello"
Me: "hey....Geo" I sniffled and George immediately sat up in bed
George: "love? What's wrong?" He asked innocently as I sat there playing with the phone wire
Me: "it's John...he's....fuck....he's dead" I whimpered moving my hand wiping my eyes as George audibly gasped,
George: "are you okay? And I know that's a stupid question but are you okay?" He asked softly as I shook my head.
Me: "no I'm not....but the boys are my main concern...but we're gonna be okay I think"
George: "you'll be okay....love never dies especially true love and that's what you and John had and will always have and it shines through the boys too....now get some rest I'll be over in the morning" he whispered softly
Me: I nodded and sniffled, "thanks Georgie....see ya tomorrow" and with that we said goodbye and hung up before I called Paul and Ringo to tell them and once they knew I called Mimi and let her know about his death.

Years have gone by and not a day went by where I didn't think of him....I thought of him all the time and I loved him and I do love him....the boys took up music and creative arts just like John and I and the more I look at them the more I see their father. They're making him and proud and made him proud and we will always miss the man who meant the world to us, my husband and their father. Goodbye John although goodbyes aren't forever.

(Author Note- 1. We miss you John, we love you so much. 2. Sorry for not updating this book in life forever and 3. I hope you liked this and if you didn't that's cool)