viii

"i have nothing left

"i have nothing left."

the only thing i have in hand right now are empty food wrappers and my (choice of drink) which was already half-empty.

"then give me your drink."

what? ew, no!

"nah, don't drink this. i have human rabies so you might die fro-"

with one swift motion, randou successfully stole my precious drink and unhesitantly drank from it until the last drop, ignoring my dumb-founded expression.

no way his agility was that quick. i could've reacted to it in no time.

oh, right! ran got bonked.

should i escape now? i mean, the fact that i almost had the damn money if it weren't for this skunk bitch who kidnapped me and bolted like there's no tomorrow.

right beside us lies a dark alleyway that leads to another street. nah, tracing back to where ran got slammed in head would be nearly impossible. i have no idea where we are right now.

"hey, i need to call my brother. be right back, i guess." upon lightly tapping him on the shoulder, randou gave a sluggish nod as he got lost in focus while dazing at the busy street.

no, i need to keep an eye on him.

but it's not like he'll ditch me here, right?

feint footsteps on the water along with the sound of heavy rain rumbled through my ears as i made my way to the dark alley, not far enough from where we're standing earlier.

"hey, where are you guys?"

"y/n, what the fuck happened to this ran guy? we're with him right now." keisuke exclaimed.

before i made tracks to meet up with ran, i asked my brother and his homies to follow me discreetly to serve my back up.

"hey, i have randou with me right now. he's the one who did all the bonking."

pretty sure my bro's having such unpleasant flashbacks right now.  i remember him telling me that one time when him and his buddy attempted to steal a motorcycle but ended up bonking the owner instead.

"aight, chifuyu already called an ambulance so we're good here. good luck manipulating that randou guy or whatever." he chuckled.

damn, i've never been so offended before.

me? a manipulator?

"also, don't let go of him again." he added before ending the call

of course, i won't let him go. randou's my precious bounty whom i found first.

"yeah, that's what the rule says. finders, keepers." i mumbled before going back to where that skun-

fuck! he's gone!