vii

"sir, i may have found your missing son

"sir, i may have found your missing son."

maintaining a serious expression has never been this hard for me, atleast not until now.

for fuck's sake, i've been struggling to keep a straight face while talking to mr. ran 'cause of these three morons in front of me. my shoulders were bouncing nonstop as i constantly bit my inner cheek to stop myself from wheezing.

keisuke and his homies were slapping each other's shoulders as they kept covering their faces with their shirt.

"what do you mean missing son? i'm a teen."

a low, elegant chuckle resonated through my ears. for a split second, i though i was being hypno-

don't be such a simp, y/n.

"you're... a teen? wait, what?"

shit. for me to accuse him of being a single teen dad, i must've offended him real bad.

starting off with another fake cough to cover the embarrassment i just committed, i began to speak when banana boy suddenly waved off his arms to grab my attention.

"hey, ask him about the moneeey." kazutora whisper-yelled, followed by contagious goat-like wheezes from the other two.

i inaudibly yelled a fuck you to them, only for their sqauwks to grow even louder, making it incredibly hard for me to concentrate.

"oh, uh... i mean, i may have found randou." i ahem-ed, preventing myself from laughing again as i mention his ugly-ass skunk name.

"randou? are you sure? where?"

"well, the thing is... i don't have him with me right now. we met the other day, but that was before i saw the missing poster. so now, we're just updating you about his previous whereabouts."

surely his sophisticated voice would be enough to intimidate a person, particularly those who get nervous or flustered over the littlest things.

me. yes, me. i am talking to myself.

"no, you did a great job. this is actually the first time someone has ever informed me about my brother's current status."

keisuke continuously snapped his fingers in attempt to distract me as i attentively listen to mr. ran.

he kept muttering 'the money. the money.' with matching hand gestures. honestly, this fucking donkey...

"uhm, one question, sir. do i get to take the money right after i hand randou to you or..."

fuck, i'm so shameless. i throwed a middle finger at my damn brother who's now clapping victoriously after i asked mr. ran about the money.

"up to you."

huh? up to me?

did i hear that right?

chifuyu nodded aggresively- almost telepathically convincing me not to hesitate and just grab the damn treasure this instance.