iv

"yo, ain't this guy familiar?"

keisuke placed his thumb and index finger on his chin as if he's a crime investigator identifying a suspect.

i, on the other hand, narrowed my eyes as i slowly observed the features of the person on the poster.

pale blonde locks styled in a hush cut.

thick blonde brows complimenting his hair color.

and mesmerizing lavender hues within his distinct sleepy eyes.

that's him, alright.

"haitani... pfft, randou?" he pointed at the name, wheezing.

randou?

you cannot be serious. that's literally the ugliest name i've ever heard. sounds like a pet skunk name or something.

oh, wait.

"kei..." calling his name couldn't get any easier. well, not until he displays those consecutive infuriating goat wheezes- so loud it almost creates an aftersound that echoes throughout your brain.

and that is what's basically happening right now. after yelling out his name for the third time, it finally budged, thank goodness.

"huh? you were saying?" he asked between his annoying cackles. i wasn't sure if he's really paying attention or just didn't want to annoy me further so he listened to me.

"alright, remember the name this guy gave while introducing himself? it's rain." he nodded as i begin my explanation.

"now, what if the name randou isn't actually pronounced as ran-dou, but rain-dou?"

if there's one thing i couldn't possibly do right now, it's pronouncing his ugly-ass name while maintaining a straight face.

keisuke's unnecessary mouth movements were bothering me real bad. you know those moments when you just couldn't hold back your laughter so you make weird faces to somehow distract yourself in attempt to not release a fart-like noise from your mouth.

"oh? so rain is the shortcut for his name? hah, clever." he responded before drinking his soda.

"yeah, but here's the real deal. just look at the prize money. all that for randou's head. like, literally, just imagine all the shits we get to buy with this. equipments for arson? wait, i know. we'll research on how to make pink fire, buy the materials we need, then boom. an aesthetic pink arson. that would be historical."

as the euphoric trail of adrenaline slowly took over my core, keisuke's eyes were sparkling from the thought of committing arson again.

but with pink fire?

oh, even doja cat would die just to witness one.

"we need to get randou out of the station, then!" he suggested, still in awe of the reward that awaits us.