28 || Old Friends

Começar do início

"PUT ME DOWN, YOU BASTARD!"

"You'll see in about two seconds," Phil simply says and sets his now empty cup of coffee down crossing his arms. 

I watch as Techno climbs up the ladder with a person slung over his shoulder and a grumpy look on his face. 

It takes all of two seconds for realisation to hit me and Ranboo. Adrenaline punches me in the face and I put my hand to the dagger on my hip. 

Tommy. Wilbur's accomplice. The person who let Wilbur abuse me. The kid who never cared about me. Pretended to like me and then called me names in hushed tones to other people. He hurt me then. He'll hurt me again. 

I hear Ranboo's tail flick agitatedly and out the corner of my eye, I see his ears turn back. He takes a step forward putting himself just in front of me. All I want to do is run. I don't want to be anywhere near Tommy. My heart is hammering in my chest and I feel the blood rushing to my head. Everything in my body was in panic mode ready to bust me out of here in a second. 

Then Tommy sees me. His eyes go wide but I don't bother to process the emotion behind them. 

"Y/N," he says hoarsely, desperately, and then wriggles off Techno's shoulder hitting the ground with a heavy thud. I hold my dagger tighter. He scrambles towards me. 

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I scream and Ranboo sticks an arm in front of me. I didn't mean to scream so loudly, nor do I mean to step back and nearly trip over. I can't show him how afraid I am. He'll use it against me, just like everyone else. 

Tommy freezes instantly, hurt crossing his features. I couldn't care less. He hurt me. I remember he hurt me. 

"Wh-"
"Because you're Wilbur's accomplice! His little gremlin thing that did whatever he wanted. You helped him plant the TNT and let him get away with everything in Pogtopia! You never cared for me at all. You just pretended so I would help you with your stupid plans!" I shout and I feel my knuckles going white from squeezing my dagger so tightly. 

My breath comes out in quick short puffs. The room is deadly silent for a split second before Phil comes to my side.

"Y/N, Y/N relax," I flinch and step back when he puts a hand on my arm. He looks up at Ranboo who lowers the arm he had in front of me. 

Phil looks around my side and sees the dagger. He moves a hand towards it and I quickly flinch again. He pauses and gives me a gentle look. I don't flinch this time when he wraps a hand around my white knuckles and forces them to let go of the dagger. He takes the dagger from my belt and sets it on the counter behind him. 

My eyes stay trained on Tommy. Like prey eyeing its predator, I watch every twitch and shake of his body. Ready to run if he attacks.

"Y/N, those memories aren't real-"
"How do you know that?" I snap like a snake. Phil takes and deep breath and I realise that I've been holding mine. I watch as Ranboo slowly relaxes although like me his eyes don't leave Tommy and his tail never stops flicking. 

"Where did you learn it from," Phil asks softly. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself. Think straight Y/N. 

"Schlatt," my voice cracks at the end. My breath becomes shaky and Ranboo wraps an arm around my shoulders. I lean into him gratefully and wrap my hands around my necklace. I touch the jewel of my mother's ring and try to memorise the details to ground myself. 

This time when I look at Tommy I really look at him. I glance over his appearance. His favoured leg and the gash on his face seemed to be untreated. His clothes were in shreds, he was missing a shoe, the knees of his jeans had massive rips in them. His hair was long, greasy, unwashed and full of crud. His expression was sickly, green and pale. Rough, calloused hands and unhealthily skinny arms. He looked like a shell of a person.