28 || Old Friends

Start from the beginning

~~~~ Y/N's P.O.V ~~~~

I was pulling on my thick woollen socks when Ranboo knocked at my door. 

We'd finished building our house. We made quick work on the project and were super happy with how it turned out. All I can say is thank the gods that I was here to oversee the decorating. If I wasn't I fear for what the boys would have come up with. Except for Phil, he's got a good eye. 

In the end, we'd built our house similarly to Technos. Spruce, stone and whatever that white stuff was that they used for the walls. We had two floors. Upstairs were our rooms and downstairs was our kitchen, bathroom, living room and laundry as well as a storage room for all of our weapons and armour. In the storage room is a counter full of brewing stands, papers with potion recipes and vials of ingredients for my use. 

Seeing as Ranboo is so tall all the doorways and ceilings are built for his height. Since we had the extra room I made the effort to coffer the ceiling so that they wouldn't look boring. The house was similar to Techno and Phil's house on the outside, but on the inside, it was definitely our own. The paint I'd used was warmer and leant on the yellow side and I'd cluttered the house with bits and pieces of things that Phil and Techno had found on adventures. I have a feeling that Lorelei would have enjoyed the way the place looks. 

I rolled out of my heavily quilted bed and got dressed like I do every morning. My casual navy shirt over my light uniform pants and put my earring in and my crown on my head. But when I pulled on my socks the rapid knocking at my door was hard to ignore. 

When I open the door I was met with Ranboo's worried face. 

"What could be happening so early that I haven't even had breakfast yet?" I mumble irritatedly and Ranboo leads me downstairs to one of the front windows. I give him a strange look but then he points at Techno's house. 

Phil and Techno's shadows flit about the house quickly and I hear the faint sound of yelling. I looked back at Ranboo. That was odd, usually, Techno and Phil are lazily waking up at this time of the morning. 

I huff and pull on my boots, coat and cloak and head outside. Ranboo follows hot on my heels wringing his hands. He was oddly quiet this morning as well. 

I notice that it hadn't snowed last night. Evidence of the quickly approaching springtime. I nearly stop walking when I see the wolves outside. They're whining and rolling about in what's left of the morning frost. I don't think they have had breakfast yet. 

I hum in thought. A loud clatter and bang from inside the house make me walk faster. I march up the stairs two at a time and fling open the door.  

"Why are you living underneath my house like a Racoon?! Is this just all of my- DID YOU TAKE A STACK OF EMERALDS?!" I hear Techno yelling at someone downstairs. But he doesn't really sound mad. 

I look away from the ladder and instead at Phil who looked incredibly tired. He pinches the bridge of his nose before mumbling "good morning" to us. 

"I think we should be calling it our house," a cheeky voice says back to Techno. I'm struck by familiarity but am unable to place the voice on a person. 

"ARE THESE MY GOLD BARS?! AND NETHERITE HELMET! PASS THAT BACK IT'S MINE!"

"Not if it's in my hands, idiot," I look back at Phil confused. He simply takes a swig of what looks like coffee and holds it up to me in a "cheers" gesture. 

"Who is Techno yelling at?" I ask Phil still confused as to why Techno hasn't just killed them already. I hear the sound of squealing and yelling and the ladder creaks.