Diary of a Black Fifteen-Year Old Prodigy

Chapter Seventeen

Friday,

May 30

6:38 PM

Hey, God are you there, it’s me Cameron!

I woke up to find myself in an open world full of white, blank and everything. It was like was locked in a room entirely painted white, but without no glass window where the scientists were experimenting from. I stood up and looked around and I couldn’t see anything. Nothing but pure blank white, there wasn’t anyone in sight. Not even the sand, the tall grass, or the railroad tracks. I couldn’t even see the two dead bodies of Lorenzo’s cronies anymore. Where was I? Am I in Heaven, now? If I was, where was JT and his father? Where was everybody? So many questions were swimming in my head, I couldn’t believe it. Until I was tapped on by the shoulder, causing me to turn around. JT Robinson was standing right behind me, smiling. I gasped and leaped backwards.

“JT, are you real?” I asked, astonished.

“No, you dope I'm just a ghost in your dreams” said JT.

“Well, am I dead?” I asked.

“Naw, your still breathing and your going to make it to the hospital safely” said JT.

“Thank you, I can’t leave Karina and Selena like you did Kristina and your son” I said.

“Yeah, it’s great that she’s naming it after me” said JT. “The family tradition is passing on and on.”

“Just like Karina’s” I said. “Her tradition is getting impregnated by the age of fifteen.”

“Wow, I hate to tell you truth I didn’t know that” said JT sarcastically. “And I really don’t care.”

“Screw you, JT” I said, chuckling.

“So how’s heaven?” I asked.

“Great, it’s not bad, it’s paradise” said JT. “I saw all of the dead rappers, presidents, and even the actors and actresses, plus my father.”

“How’s he like?” I asked.

“He’s a nice guy, once you get know him” said JT. “I was pissed off at him for a minute, because he wasn’t around to watch me grow.”

“And what did he say?” I asked.

“He apologized and said he was watching me the whole time in the sky with God” said JT. “He said he never left me.”

“That’s something good to know” I said. “We really miss you, JT.

“Yeah, I know” said JT. “I heard your speech at school and at the funeral. You did great, and I appreciate it, man.”

“Well, I did have to let something off my chest and plus no one knew you like I did” I said.

“True” said JT, smiling. “I miss you and the others too.”

“Well, you did risk your life to save a gay kid” I said.

“Yeah, well I knew karma was going to haunt me someday” said JT.

I got quiet for a minute as I thought that too.

“So what’s Kristina going to name the baby?” I asked.

“James Terry Robinson III” said JT.

“It looks like the tradition carries on” I said.

“Yeah” said JT.

“When does he come?” I asked.

“February 19th” said JT.

“Cool” I said.

“Yeah, and Selena is going to turn out beautiful like Karina, she going to have her green eyes and red hair as well as your personality” said JT.

“When is she due?” I asked.

“January 9th” said JT. “At 3:00 PM.”

“Cool, that’s awesome” I said. "Didn't know after you die, you can become psychic."

“Yeah, I know” said JT. “Her stomach is getting a little bigger.”

“Yeah, I found out right after the stabbing of you” I said.

“Yeah” said JT, giving me a sad look.

“I'm sorry JT, I guess you’re not over the fact that you’re dead” I said.

He nodded.

“Well, to me and the others you’re not dead and you’re alive and beating in our hearts” I said, patting him on the shoulder.

He looked up to me. “Thanks dude, you always know what to say to me.”

“Yeah, Karina said the same thing to me” I said.

JT smiled.

“You shouldn’t have done that for me” said JT. “Like fight Lorenzo to avenge me, it was damn right stupid.”

“Yeah, I know but I missed you so much, that you were gone too soon” I said.

JT was quiet for a minute and smiled and wrapped his arm my shoulders.

“So, are you ready to go back to your original body and form?” asked JT.

“Yeah, you bet” I said.

“Well, let’s go” said JT.

“JT, one more thing” I said.

“Yeah?” asked JT.

“I love you, man” I said. “No homo.”

“I love you, too” said JT. “No homo.”

And we laughed as we began to fade, as the real me began to wake up.