Diary of a Black Fifteen-Year Old Prodigy

Chapter Five

Monday,

April 17

11:24 AM

Dear Diary,

I'm in class now making sure the teacher doesn’t catch me and I’ll have to reveal what I am writing because I am definitely not doing my work while he is teaching and I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of my friends and Karina who is in the front of the class while I am at the back. Yesterday was beautiful I got kissed and I got the girl of my dreams what could be better and this Friday is prom night which is awesome and I can’t wait. Gotta go, teachers coming.

                             SincerelyYours,

                                                Cameron Cambridge

I closed my diary and put it back in my satchel which I closed afterwards and got back to work before I got into trouble.

After class, I went to my locker and put some of my books in there and grabbed my iPod Touch and put it in my pocket. Just soon as I was about to put my earphones on, Karina came and closed my locker.

“Hi!” she said.

“What up” I said.

She kissed me on my lips.

“So, did you hear about the prom?” she started off asking.

“Yeah, I was planning to ask you, but it’ll looks like you want to ask me” I said.

“Yeah, if you can come” said Karina.

“Yeah, my mom already knows she already bought me a tux” I said.

“Wow, that’s great, I’ll see you there” she said, and just when she was about to leave I called out…

“Hey, Karina” I said.

She turned around.

“Yeah” she said.

“I was wondering if you and the other girls wanted to come over my house this Friday after the prom for a movie night” I said.

“Yeah, we’ll be there, but you better show me a good time at that prom!” she said sternly.

“You can count on that” I said, giving her a thumbs up.

She left for class and I decided to do so myself.

Next, I had English which had gone by slowly as usual, but as long as I had my sketch book doing my doodles. Luckily she don’t call on me for questions because either I wouldn’t know the answer because I wasn’t paying any attention not because I was dumb it’s because sometimes I can be lazy. But another thing about this class is that Karina isn’t in it so if I get embarrassed then she wouldn’t feel that way either.

It was 1:15. Thirty minutes away from dismissal which I was waiting for to spend the day with my friends. As I was putting the finishing touches on my doodle, JT was whispering to Angela Jones ending up with her laughing. When she laughed, Mr. Bradley turned around and caught JT and said, “Mr. Robinson, are you trying to see the principal.”

“Nope, I was only asking lovely Angela here for a pencil” said JT.

“Cut the crap, JT” said Mr. Bradley.

“Oooh, Mr. Bradley said a bad word” said JT, in a mocking baby voice.

Everyone laughed.

“Do you want detention?” asked Mr. Bradley.