Diary of a Black Fifteen-Year Old Prodigy

Chapter Six

Monday,

April 17

5:23 PM

Dear Diary,

Today was out of control, more out of control than at the fair. The same damn jackass that shot at the fair, as just shot my best friend Jamal, who is still alive and hopefully making through surgery. Luckily, it was his leg not anything else that is more life-threatening. But a consequence of it is that his leg might get amputated or not. Or he might get stitches on his leg. Either way, I would prefer the stitches and him living than his leg getting amputated then he would be known school-wide as a one legged freak. But overall I hope he is okay, and Lorenzo gets convicted for this, he can’t escape now. Gotta go, were meeting Jamal at the hospital and Karina is waiting with the others as well as I texted her just write after the incident.

                             Sincerely Yours,

                   Cameron Cambridge

I closed my diary, and hid it under my bed. And just as I put the pillow over it I dropped it as there was a knock on the door, I called out,

“Who is it?”

“It’s Karina” said the person.

“Come in” I said.

She came in and closed the door behind her.

“Hey, I'm really sorry about Jamal” she said.

“It’s okay, he’s not badly injured” I said.

“Well, you know I just want to let you know that I'm praying for him and Diamond is too after all that is her boyfriend” said Karina.

“Yeah” I said.

“Who shot him anyway?” asked Karina.

“Lorenzo, why the others didn’t tell you the story” I said.

“No” she said, shaking her head.

“Well, thank JT he saved the day” I said.

“How, what happened?” asked Karina.

“Well, it started with JT defending the gay guy James Edwards from Lorenzo has he stole his hat his dead dad gave to him and he successful took the hat which ended up with a brawl and James escaping with it. Afterwards we beat them, and just as we was about to dip, he shot Jamal in the leg. JT risked his life to grab him and we left and called 911 so Jamal could get escorted to the hospital, and that’s how I ended up with this cut under my eye and a bloody lip” I said, gesturing to both bandaged injuries.