Chapter 8: Kacchan is a Liar.

The days after Izuku's outburst had been calm. Uraraka, Iida, or Todoroki would stay by Izuku's side almost all of the time, the three even making sure that they went to sleep on time after Aizawa had let them know about the reason for Izuku's initial irritation. Izuku was secretly glad for it, and the four friends became closer as they would be found together most of the time. Asui joined the group one day when the group had one of their "Chill sessions" as dubbed by Tsuyu, and she immediately became a part of the squad. The five would stick together everywhere; whether it was the hero training classes, during lunch or late in the evening when they studied together, it was like they were glued together by the hip.

All to make sure that Izuku felt the safest that they could be.

No, they didn't know anything about the past trauma, but they did know that Katsuki made their green-bean uncomfortable. They had, in a way, become the Izuku Protection squad.

On the next Friday night, somehow, the entire class had decided on a movie night. Izuku had only accepted the invitation knowing that the squad would be there for them. Being in a room, which wasn't a classroom, with Katsuki, always irked them. That particular day she felt very girly, deciding to match Uraraka with a comfortable sports bra and crop top combo and sweats. The class was already used to the days they changed; for the past few days, they had presented as a boy. She gave a small smile when both Iida and Todoroki complimented her, with Asui and Uraraka pulling her down next to them, grabbing onto an arm, as the rest had decided on a horror movie and Asui was particularly afraid of ghosts, whereas Uraraka could only watch them while grabbing onto someone. Izuku happily lent her arms to them, as she and the others enjoyed the movie.

This had not gone unnoticed by Katsuki, who at that very moment felt guilty and jealous at the same time. His longing gaze towards Izuku was also not gone unnoticed by Kirishima. The rest of the night went as smooth as it could, at one point into the movie Denki had screamed and everyone had popcorn showered over them, at another the usually quiet Kouda had squealed in fright, surprising everyone around them, causing a few to chuckle in embarrassment. The movie night had ended with most of the students shaking in fright, using their phone flashlights to traipse back to their rooms. Izuku had left with the rest too, and the only ones who stayed behind were the Bakusquad of all people, who decided on a round of games before heading off to bed as well.

Izuku had found herself waking up not even an hour later, thirst eminent. She grabbed the water bottle she usually kept on her side table to see that it was practically empty; she sighed and got out of bed, heading out of her room and towards the kitchen downstairs. After filling her bottle through one of the refrigerators, she was about to walk back, when she realized the lights in the common room were still on.

She peeked her head around the Kitchen entrance to see that Katsuki and Kirishima sat facing each other, Kirishima with a somber expression, Katsuki with a more depressed one.

"I know you were looking at her today Katsuki." Kirishima stated.

Huh? Her? Thought Izuku.

Katsuki clicked his tongue. "I wasn't staring at her, Shitty hair." Kirishima gave him a 'Don't lie' look, making him continue, "She was sitting in my line of sight. I couldn't avoid looking at her okay?"

Izuku's heart suddenly clenched. Were they referring to a girl from the class? Did Katsuki have a crush? Did only Kirishima know? Was Kirishima trying to set Katsuki up with that girl?

Izuku somehow felt sadder than she had ever felt. Before she could muse, even more, Kirishima said.

"Come on Bakubro. You know you want to apologize to her and yet you haven't done anything." He said sternly.

Apologize?

"Well, it's not easy when she's surrounded by those four all the time! I swear it's like they know, the way they keep me away from her."

Izuku's confusion increased.

"Before that outburst," continued Katsuki, "I accidentally eavesdropped on a conversation she was having with Aizawa. Apparently, she had a nightmare about what I did to her and had scratched her arms while asleep."

Izuku's heart almost stopped at that moment. Katsuki heard? Why? Why him of all people?

"And then that day she went out of control and we both heard what she said too." Katsuki hung his head low. "I never thought I'd be so guilty."

They heard that too?! Lies. He's never cared about me before.

"I know I hurt her a lot. I just was trying to keep her safe you know. We all thought she was quirkless." Katsuki was rubbing his own arms.

Lies. All you did was hurt me. What the fuck do you mean you kept me safe? Izuku had started trembling as the anger grew, her fists painfully clenched.

"I wish I could just walk up to her and apologize. I really do care for her." He ended, this time burrowing his face into his hands.

"Lies."

Both the boys almost jumped out of their skins, as Izuku stood behind them, fuming.

"All you said right now are lies!" she said, her hands suddenly clutching her hair as she cried out. "All you say are LIES!"

Their eyes widened as they saw Izuku suddenly fall onto the floor, hyperventilating. Both made a move to stand and go towards the girl, who scrambled back, screaming "LIAR!"

The beeps from their band increased in their volume.

Kirishima remembered the sheet Aizawa had given, before shouting out, "Wait! Midobro!"

The next thing the two saw was darkness, as "Emote" burst through Izuku.

CHAPTER 8 ENDS.

**AN: Welp. Katsuki's gonna be busted badly. Also, Emote is dangerous mainly because it takes an emotion and amplifies it a lot. Anger is one that's the most difficult for Izuku to control. Hence when Emote goes off, it goes off without a warning. This time both Kiri and Katsuki are gonna see everything. How? Stay Tuned.**