Chapter 13

Clarissa's POV

My head was throbbing as I opened my eyes. The sunlight glared through the gaps of the drapes that hung on my bedroom window. As I sat up in the bed, pain shot through my hand and I winced. Lifting it in front of my face, I studied the fresh white bandaging wrapped round my palm. It was already stained red and I grimaced at the sight. 

'Clarissa?' 

My eyes looked up but my head didn't move. Mattheo sat on the chair at the opposite end of the room, looking at me cautiously. 

'Pretty brave of you to be this close to me after what happened downstairs.' I snarled and started to rise from the bed. Lifting my hand, I was about to take aim at him.

'You're powers have been bound Clarissa' He said slowly, glancing down at my cut hand. Anger surged through me as I realised what the fresh cut was for. He had bound my powers. Opening up my other hand, I tried with everything I could to conjure my magic but nothing would come out. Letting out a frustrated growl, I took a step towards him. He rose from his seat and held out his hand, signalling for me to stop. 

'It was for everyone's safety Clarissa.' He tried to explain. 'Including your own' His tone was firm but also apologetic that he felt the need to do this to me. 

'So what now Mattheo? What is your grand plan?' I stepped even closer to him but he didn't move. 'Take more of my blood for the locator spell then keep me powerless while you swoop in like a knight in shining armour to rescue our daughter?' 

'With out your powers the locator spell wont work' He muttered, shuffling his feet beneath him. 

'Excuse me, what?' I stood just in front of him and cocked my head to the side, the corners of my lips twitching in to a smirk. 

'When I blocked your powers, it took away your Fae side.' Mattheo sighed. A shrill laugh escaped my mouth and his eyes narrowed in annoyance. 

'Oh, you fucked up' I sang, turning my back to him and walking back towards the bed. 'You now can't do the one thing you need to do to get our child back because you couldn't handle weak little me' 

He continued to glare at me as I sat on the end of the bed. Leaning back on my arms, I grinned at him. 

'The spell is only temporary. You will have your powers back soon' He crossed his arms, thinking through what he was about to say carefully. 

'In that case, I will bide my time, thinking of all the ways I can break you' I smiled sweetly at him.

'I feel like you already have' He muttered under his breath but I still heard.

'You've seen nothing yet' I grinned, knowing I had the insane look in my eyes 

'I will get your humanity back before you get your power back' He assured but there was an uncertainty to his voice. 'Until then, you will stay in here.' 

He nodded to himself and walked out the open door, not giving me a second glance. The movement infuriated me. I wasn't going to allow him to walk away from me. Standing up, I ran after him. He turned, telling me to stop but I didn't listen. Running as fast as I could, I hit in to an invisible force, sending me flying back in to the wooden bedposts. Pain seared momentarily through my back and I groaned as I stumbled back to my feet. 

I looked at Mattheo. He had both hands leaning against the door frame, looking at me. His face was full of concern and pain. He was hurting seeing me like this but I didn't care. 

'What the fuck was that?' I growled, stepping back towards the door cautiously. 

'You can't leave this room.' He whispered, once again apologetically. I eyes darted around the door frame, looking for some weakness in the spell, a small gap maybe. But who was I kidding, there was no weakness. Holding up my hand, I tried to press it through the entrance. Mattheo held up his own hand to mine. I could still feel him, the warmth of his touch. I looked up in to his deep brown eyes. They were still full of love and passion but also sorrow. My stomach knotted as a familiar feeling tried to break through. Jerking my hand away, I turned my back to him, thinking.