Abducted

Hope pov 

Once again the monster attacked us, along  with possessed humans, we couldn't contain it. It flew back to its safety. This time we had backup if and when it froze us like last time. I didn't use magic, I used my wolf to attack it. once again losing this, Alaric and I planned something to stop it.  Two weeks yet no new attack, is the monster dead or is it waiting for right time planning something again?. Using Alaric's locket I replicated it's magic which I can use to block the monster to possess humans. We have to use it only when the monster is visible to us. Also we have an advantage that the monster too can only possess when it is near humans. But the spell is a lot more complicated. I have never used this type of magic before. Being a Tribrid has its perks too, never ending flow of energy. For now my wolf, my magic and my dormant vampire side are powering this spell, but I have to stay in human form. How do I explain to my team that I cannot turn into my wolf and finish this quickly like all other times 

Alaric and I we both are staying in same space all the times more than before because I need the locket for the spell, and I asked Alaric to refer some spells to the witches in case needed. Whole school became alerted and are under instruction that any change in routine should be immediately reported. We thought the monster will change his attack plan to caught us off guard. Have to say, this has brains and power. Our routine changed a bit, everyone is on verge of break down due to frustration. Our lives are on pause. Dealing this has been the hardest we ever faced. We are determined to finish this as soon as possible. We tried tracking it but of no use. It has got some craziest hiding and cloaking spells. I have to learn from it.

The monster attacked school this time. Our luck we anticipated this move. All students ran to safe room. Twins had it spelled shut, slowly we took the fight into the woods to our advantage. when out in woods Jed and Rafael turned to wolves trying to attack the monster, we are all trying to contain humans. As soon as I could I started the spell using locket, humans stopped attacking us and are in confusion as to what happening. The team is also wondering why the monster stopped with humans. Twins made a protection spell around them. Mg and Kaleb along with wolves are attacking the monster which it is successfully deflecting from them. Penelope is using extensive spells. they got good hits on it. They are shouting at me to turn and attack him when I am not responding they lost their fight for a minute. In all their eyes I stood there without doing anything, only Alaric and I know what I am doing, my mistake I should have warned them. I think the monster understood what's happening, it chanted something and next thing I know is total black out. 

When I got back my consciousness, I am tied with anti magic shackles in a cell and  I think it used wolfsbane because I can't turn to my wolf form. I can hear sounds around me, twins are in the same cell with Penelope across me, Mg and Kaleb are in my sight, Jed an Rafael are not in sight. All of them are unconscious. I cant see where Alaric is. Is he safe? where is he? " well, well, well, I am waiting for anyone of you to wake up. its good that it is you." a man stood in front of my cell. I didn't replied him. He checked if others woke up. Wolves might be beside my room because he went to the next room and whistled. " you have to talk, I am not leaving you until you do." I growled with anger in my eyes. My eyes turning gold, I tried to shift completely but I couldn't. A few minutes passed neither of us said anything. " its better you get to it fast because soon others will wake up and I think you don't want them to know what we talk. do you?" that caught my attention.

Doubts filled my mind, does he know who I am? Is that what he is saying? " what do you mean?" He stared at me, "see I have seen them all, witches, werewolves, vampires, Siphoners, hybrids too. vampire-witch, even vampire-werewolf. you here are interesting. so what are you?" Is he that powerful? he can sense my magic? its one of the strongest, no one can trace it. how? "I don't know what you are saying" I tried to deny it. "Oh! come on, your choice, you will tell by yourself or i have to make you to talk" he looked at twins and snapped his fingers. A bubble erupted around them "you have five minutes, if not then they will slowly loose air to breathe" he started timer in his watch showing it to me. ughhhhhh! "fine, stop! I will answer you what I can" "then start with your name", glaring at him "Hope, its my name" I have to give him minimum details. " tsk tsk tsk I know you are smart when you blocked my magic to possess, but still only Hope?" 

I stayed silent. He continued " So how? a wolf-witch? where are you from? does your friends know?" I shrugged "I don't know my origin, by the time I know what I am lets just say my parents aren't around. And yeah I am both a wolf and witch. No one knows. They are terrified of my as just  wolf, if they found out about me being a hybrid I am afraid what they will do to me" I lied  "how did you get into this school? before here where were you" "I am from London ass I know of, a witch cared for me when she observed I had similar abilities she taught me all about witches and after she died I moved to stay with some wolves who took me in their pack. Along with them I moved here where Alaric asked me to join them" I made up  something from stories I heard from my family. He seems to analyze what I said and stayed silent for a long time. 

"How did your transition happened?" I didn't say anything to him, how can
I say so something so personal to this stranger when I never shared with anyone. " that's something I am not comfortable to share" he nodded. "think enough about me, I don't know why you are curious, but why are you holding us here, who are you, what's in it for you to work with Malivore" he frowned and said " who said I am working with Malivore" he seemed to be in rage and continued "Malivore is something that I hate with every breath I take. I would never do that" "then why are you attacking us?" I asked him with confusion. " ha! ha! now you are the one who attacked me when I am hunting that monster," what monster, he is the monster right? is this another game to hurt us? I voiced my thoughts "the artifact glowed warning us about a monster coming and we tracked it to you, is this a game? you already had us captured do what you had to do" I shout back to him.

"Listen, I am not any monster, I killed the monster that came from Malivore, and maybe you mistook me for that" what he said made sense but I can't trust him. He might be doing this to get the artifact that we hid with us "I don't believe you, we checked for you, you had all the powers of Necromancer with a bit difference" He spit out his drink that he is serving himself with. "Necromancer, I am not at all like him, all he does is evil, I am not a consort of evil" he spoke with his voice raised. In the background I saw twins and Penelope coming into conscious and I asked him to shut his mouth and I could feel the powers of my wolf coming into place. I just have to divert him for some more time.

"Hope, are you okay? who is he?" Lizzie asked me. By now the team completely woke up from their slumber. I just nodded. everyone is by the door of their cells looking at us. "see Hope, I don't know what happened, but I am not with them, I just defended myself when you attacked. you are powerful one you should know why I could sense you. Its because I am one of the good ones." I thought for a minute, half team already knows, I can handle this and talked to him letting out my voice infront of others. " Why are you fighting that monster then?" Team looked confused and shocked. " A long time ago Malivore took something from me that I value a lot, so in return to curb my helplessness I am now trying to fight whatever that Malivore, as you said I am different from Necromancer, he controls dead being evil. I can control human with my good will, I really am defending myself" 

After that he released me of my shackles, " I am leaving you to it, be very careful, there are a lot more dangerous creatures that you can't face, I have my own fate, I wish I can join you guys to fight against it, but I have to be somewhere else" and left me and my friends there. We went back to school from there after freeing them, no one said anything about this feeling very tired. School is safe, we are safe, we were welcomed back with relief over Alaric's face. "We will discuss this tomorrow, get back to you rooms students" he dismissed us, hugging his daughters. I glanced at them all and retreated to my room. A long day we had,yet another tomorrow to discuss this. I couldn't even go to run, going to sleep the second I stepped into my room. 

TBC