Part 9

The next few weeks go by in a blur, Louis and Noah are called out most nights, they are both tired and extremely exhausted and hardly functioning.

Harry and Scott have become stalker like and as much as they are giving Louis his space and not actually talking to him yet, they are making sure he's safe, using Noah as much as they can to give them updates. The boys can't sleep knowing Louis should be in between them at night, they miss Louis morning banter and his presence, they miss everything about him. His messy clothes he leaves on the floor, his disgusting ice cream he has in the freezer, his spot on the couch, the way he always complains that Harry and Scott love to watch 'Love Island' which he loathes. They need Louis back and will do whatever it takes to get him home where he belongs.

Louis is feeling the same, he misses the boys so much, he's thought about calling them a few times but he doesn't know what he'd say. He hasn't really had time to breathe lately though, his weight is plummeting and he's just not himself. The hotel room is getting claustrophobic and he needs to think about his next moves and maybe find a place of his own.

It's a Tuesday morning when Louis walks into the office after being back at the hotel for a quick shower between jobs. Louis is tired and just wants a break. There have been no new leads on Molly's death. Troy has gone into hiding and there's been no word from Stinger, Stanley or Troy. The underground has gone quiet which usually means a shit storm is coming.

Louis walks in to Noah packing up his desk into a box and Louis freezes.

"What's going on?" Louis asks, he's worried Noah is in trouble or something

"Hey Lou" Noah sighs

"Are you okay?" Louis asks as he shuts the door and comes to lean on the desk beside Noah

"Please don't hate me" Noah says

"Noah how could I possibly hate you?....oh my god, you got S.W.A.T didn't you" Louis says with as much of a smile as he can muster

Noah has wanted to move to S.W.A.T for over a year, he's been hoping his application for a transfer would be approved, he's been working so hard and putting in a lot of extra training when he can.

"Liam told me this morning, there's a place on the team and I couldn't turn it down" Noah says

"Of course you couldn't, Noah I'm so happy for you, you've wanted this for so long" Louis says

"Thanks Lou, I couldn't have done it without you" Noah says

They both hug each other tightly and Louis holds back his tears, he won't see his best friend every day anymore and he doesn't know what he's going to do, but he knows Noah is going to be amazing in his new position and deserves everything he's worked for.

Louis knows he could move to S.W.A.T too if he really wanted to, well maybe not now he isn't with Harry and Scott, but it's not a career move he's ever considered and he won't be considering any time soon.

"So you're leaving me with a newbie" Louis jokes as they finish hugging, Noah laughs wiping a tear

"Liam said they've already been chosen, coming in from another sector, apparently he's been in the job ten years" Noah says

Louis sighs, he doesn't like the sound of this, the trust you need to have in a partner is built up over the years, it takes time to get to know each other completely and honestly and Louis really doesn't want to have to go through that again. You need to know your partner has your back and that isn't something that's taken lightly

Liam then walks into the office with another man trailing him.

"Morning boys, I see Noah has told you the news Lou" Liam says